Where To Sell My Cpo Ls430 Ul?

banterer

Hello there,

I'm new to this forum, I just found it tonight. :D

I have a 2001 LS430 UL with very low miles and want to sell it. It is a CPO and drives and functions flawlessly. I think I put on about 4k miles on it since I've had it [almost 2 yrs I think] I believe she has about 18k miles. Does anyone know how or if I can identify the car as a Lexus Certified Pre Owned automobile if I decide to use something like Autotrader.com or cars.com? Or can only Lexus dealers use that logo or option?

Thanks,

Jorge

You can identify that it is a CPO car but the CPO warranty does not transfer like the bumper to bumper warranty does. Meaning when you resell it it will no longer be CPO. I wouldn't mention it because it brings attention to the fact that its a 2 owner vehicle which is not preferable in a car so young.

Thanks SW03ES,

I realize that but their would be have to be some level of comfort in knowing that the car was hardly driven [by me, the second owner] and also in knowing that if anything was wrong with the car that it was handled only by Lexus dealers. As part of the purchase I actually had Lexus, replace the center arm rest with new leather and give me a new set of mats [which would come with the car] so the car would appear to be almost brand spankin' new.

I have another car that I spend most of my time in and have decided to keep since this one only comes out of the garage to get washed.

Thanks for bringing that up though,

Jorge

You can identify that it is a CPO car but the CPO warranty does not transfer like the bumper to bumper warranty does. Meaning when you resell it it will no longer be CPO. I wouldn't mention it because it brings attention to the fact that its a 2 owner vehicle which is not preferable in a car so young.

I paid 53k and would sell for 49k.

If he is sincerely interested, I'm a photographer and can send him photos.

my father might be interested.. how much?

Good Luck on that one banterer............your LS has depreciated at least $10K since you've had it......

It is now a 4 year old car.

Banterer,

Run it by the Lexus dealer like you want to trade it in on a newer LS - then you'll find out how much it's depreciated. :pirate:

I paid way less than HALF of the $57,000 sticker price for my 99LS last year..... a one owner, four year lease return. But my 99 still depreciates @ 3-5K a year whether I like it or not.

I think you've got an awesome car - keep that puppy and just drive her a little more.... :cheers:

Too bad the LS does not hold its value like the Toyota Land Cruiser or 4-Runner. Actually, any Toyota truck/SUV for that matter. I still see 1990-1992 Toyota 4-Runners selling for $5000-$7000 and even the 80s Land Cruisers for $5000+. The 70s Land Cruisers also still bring good prices- but they are considered more of a collector item. One of the local Toyota dealers has a 97' 4-runner, with 190K for $8995.

The 90-94 LS400s around here obviously have no value. I cannot even get any callers on my 90 LS that I have priced at a lousy $3300 and I do not even have the mileage listed in the paper. I have had only about 4 callers (2 were "no-shows") one came to look at, but wanted a $60000 Lexus for $2000 and the other was "looking" for his daughter- who wasn't "really ready" to buy now . KBB private party is still $3800 and there are 92-93 Camrys priced $1000 OVER KBB value all over the place here. I paid $4000+ tax last October for my car. I know now I paid WAY to much! Good luck selling your car- hopefully they sell better where you are.....

I understand what you mean LSGUY but I can find UL 430s all day long going for mid to upper 40s. Here is one with just about the same mileage - 18k: [http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=22&paId=148668528&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=100&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&recnum=1&leadExists=false&criteria=K-Ultra+Luxury%7CE-ANY%7CM-_27_%7CG-30000%7CA-35000%7CH-%7CD-_5168_%7CN-N%7CR-10000%7CI-1%7CP-PRICE+descending%7CQ-descending%7CY-_2001_%7CX-popular%7CZ-90032&aff=national]

and she is asking 45k. Hers is not under warranty but does have the UL package.

Even if you check out the RETAIL value on Kelley's they are putting the same car at $47k in excellent condition.

I'm not trying to convince any of you to buy my car, I'm just saying that even Kelley's is saying it is worth more than 37k! There is a link to the Kelley bluebook for this ad. Click on it and check off the ultra luxury package.

This is from Autotrader.com - http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=1...ITE&cardist=321

They are asking for 50k and the car has 38k miles.

Another with 47k miles: http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=1...ITE&cardist=937

asking for 47k.

Some are certified and some are not.

While I realize that cars depreciate, THIS car with this package and less than 18k miles on the odo did NOT drop 10k. If I had to sell it for that I might as well just sell it to my brother in law!

Of course, if I take it to a dealer they are going to try to give me nothing for the car, that is why I don't want to trade it in. Looking at Kelleys site they say that trade in for my car is 39.3k and someone here told me that I can sell it to them for 37k. That's nonsense! Who sells their car to a private owner for LESS THAN TRADE IN?

Thank you all for your opinions though, I appreciate all of you taking the time to give me your viewpoints.

Jorge

Banterer,

Run it by the Lexus dealer like you want to trade it in on a newer LS - then you'll find out how much it's depreciated.:pirate:

I paid way less than HALF of the $57,000 sticker price for my 99LS last year..... a one owner, four year lease return.  But my 99 still depreciates @ 3-5K a year whether I like it or not.

I think you've got an awesome car  - keep that puppy and just drive her a little more....:cheers:

LSGUY,

The very first link is from a private seller.

Don't get me wrong I do love the LS but I prefer the feel of my CLK320. Although the NAV & mark Levinson audio sytems in the LS are Awesome!

Jorge

Banterer,

Looked up those links - thanks for the info. 

I think they're Way High because they're from a dealer :pirate:

Hey,  what is that car that you drive most often????.......must be pretty sweet to beat out the LS430 :cheers:

Banterer-

$49,000 is way high for your LS430. Low 40s are possible but not 49k. You may see cars listed for that amount, and Lexus may sell CPO LS430's for that amount but your car will no longer be CPO when it is resold and list price is not what the deal is made at. Cars from dealers are CPOs and will command ~ $6,000 more than a privately sold car. Back in 2003 I was looking at UL 01 LS430s in the mid-40s.

Of course, if I take it to a dealer they are going to try to give me nothing for the car, that is why I don't want to trade it in. Looking at Kelleys site they say that trade in for my car is 39.3k and someone here told me that I can sell it to them for 37k. That's nonsense! Who sells their car to a private owner for LESS THAN TRADE IN?

Plenty of people do, the wholesale value books aren't always completely accurate depending on your location. I've found that usually the values for "fair" condition are the going rates. "good" and "excellent" are way too high. Sorry...

Plenty of people do, the wholesale value books aren't always completely accurate depending on your location. I've found that usually the values for "fair" condition are the going rates. "good" and "excellent" are way too high. Sorry...

this is absolutely correct....

also, the dealers are ususally around $5-8k Overpriced........

The bottom line is I could probably walk in and pay $53K for a brand new 05 LS 430...........only $4k more and the car is not four years old...

Glad you love the 'cedes'........... :cheers:

your car is not worth 53000 or 49000. I paid 39995 from a lexus dealer for my ultra with 39400 miles on it non CPO which would have cost me an extra 2000. they had come down from 42500 because the car sat on their lot for 45 days. so they said anyway. as of september your car is now another year older. you will be buried in that car if you think youre going to get anywhere near that price regardless of the mileage.

I see wnat you are saying- if the prices on the LS's were going up- then it would be possible, but since they are not- a new one can still be bought at a price only slightly higher.

I guess I have decided to practically "give away" my LS. I have reduced the price to a ridiculously low price of $2995 on the local classified sites. I am going to call the local paper tomorrow and reduce it there as well. :rolleyes:

quote=digital_b,Oct 9 2004, 07:52 PM]

your car is not worth 53000 or 49000. I paid 39995 from a lexus dealer for my ultra with 39400 miles on it non CPO which would have cost me an extra 2000. they had come down from 42500 because the car sat on their lot for 45 days. so they said anyway. as of september your car is now another year older. you will be buried in that car if you think youre going to get anywhere near that price regardless of the mileage.

I agree with you LSguy. I had that option as well and was looking at new '03s at the time. The thing is that I would only have gotten a brand new Custom Luxury model for about 61-3k vs a spotless UL with about 14.5k miles for 53k. I did not just want and LS, I can always get one of those but I did not think that it was worth my 74k for a car I was not even sure I would keep long term.

However, if you are saying that you can walk away with an '05 LS430 UL for 53k, that would be quite a trick. I'd really love to see someone pull that off. If that is the case, you can probably MAKE money buying it and then turning around and selling it for 60k.

this is absolutely correct....

also, the dealers are ususally around $5-8k Overpriced........

The bottom line is I could probably walk in and pay $53K for a brand new 05 LS 430...........only $4k more and the car is not four years old...

Glad you love the 'cedes'...........:cheers:

I wonder if 14-15 years from now, (in the year 2019 - 2020) will a 2005 LS430 with 235K sell for less than $3000 ?    :unsure:

Time will tell....  :)

The way we feel about the '05 LS, is how they felt about the 90LS during its time.... i know what your saying, and i always wonder HOW it could get any better from here.... But it always gets better :)

I wonder if 14-15 years from now, (in the year 2019 - 2020) will a 2005 LS430 with 235K sell for less than $3000 ?     :unsure:

Time will tell....   :)

The way we feel about the '05 LS, is how they felt about the 90LS during its time.... i know what your saying, and i always wonder HOW it could get any better from here.... But it always gets better :)

Correct on both accounts!!! :cheers:

Depreciation can be your friend & your enemy :whistles:

[quote name=90LS400Lexus' date='Oct 11 2004,

Tell me about it!!!! trying to find a 93-6 LS 400 that is priced correctly is going to make me nutz... I have an :wacko: crazy dealer here Hendrick Lexus that wants almost $19,000 miles for a 96 LS 400 with 96,000 mile

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=1...lor=&cardist=10

$6,000 over retail this guys are on drugs....SO I called them and offered them $8,000 just to aggravate them and ask why? It is not even certified! :chairshot:

Can anyone explain this????? :censored: Sorry for the hijack

[quote name=90LS400Lexus' date='Oct 11 2004,

Tell me about it!!!! trying to find a 93-6 LS 400 that is priced correctly is going to make me nutz... I have an :wacko: crazy dealer here Hendrick Lexus that wants almost $19,000 miles for a 96 LS 400 with 96,000 mile

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=1...lor=&cardist=10

$6,000 over retail this guys are on drugs....SO I called them and offered them $8,000 just to aggravate them and ask why? It is not even certified! :chairshot:

Can anyone explain this????? :censored: Sorry for the hijack

Lexicon,

Just another dealer trying to make huge, unfair profits.....

be patient, you'll find your ride :cheers: