Another Tire Question!

Whats up guys! havnt posted on here in forever...my lil sc still running great....im presently investing in some rims and tires, but still trying to decide on what size tires i should get and which ones...the rims im getting are 18s by 8, and right now im set for getting 225/40/18's but i think i want to go to 235's in the front and 245's in the back...would that work allright? will there be any rub? and what offsets should be for those? same +40 offset on both? i dont really know much about tires :unsure: (as im sure u already understood lol) and especially offsets, so all the help would be greatlly appriciated...

Also, which tires are better...Goodyear Ultra or Nankang? Thanks alot, everybody!

I have a 1995 SC300 auto

I'm no tire expert, but i think you should go with a staggered set up. because our car is rear wheel drive and it look great. The offset should be around +38mm and +42mm and it shouldn't rub. I have 18X8 front and 18x9 rear with +38mm offest all round. My car is also 2" drop and it still doesn't rub. I'm running on tires size 225/40/18 FRONT 245/40/18 REAR. But do check with professional before you buy anything. I hope this help.

well, im getting new tires for my stock wheels, which ill be driving in the winter mostly, so i guess these would be for spring, summer and fall...so it doesnt need to have unbelievable traction, but some would be nice....i dont know if that really explains it lol...ok this is a stupid question, but..lol whats a staggered set up?...lol...thanks alot for all the responses, u guys are great!!!

Staggered means larger rear tires than fronts. With directional tires this means that you'll have dedicated RF, LF, RR, and LR tires. So you won't rotate your tires anymore (unless you take them off the rim and swap to the other side but that's only with directional symetrical... lol)

Anyway, for 3 seasons I'd get summer performance tires, they'll have much better wet and dry traction than all seasons. Then for the winter you should run dedicted winter tires from the first snowfall onward...

Well for Canadian winters anyway... :D

Aaron

thanks, Aaron, that makes alot of sense. thats pretty much what i was looking for in these tires, so im def gonna go with the summer high performance 245's and 235's for the 18's and just some winter tires for the stock 16's. Have a good one, fellas!

I'm no tire expert, but i think you should go with a staggered set up. because our car is rear wheel drive and it look great. The offset should be around +38mm and +42mm and it shouldn't rub. I have 18X8 front and 18x9 rear with +38mm offest all round. My car is also 2" drop and it still doesn't rub. I'm running on tires size 225/40/18 FRONT 245/40/18 REAR. But do check with professional before you buy anything. I hope this help.

Actually the correct offset is +50 so as close as possible to that and you will retain better handling.

I run:

18x10.5 Rear, offset is +49 (275/35/18)

18x9 front , offest is +45 (245/40/18)

Just slapped on a new set of Veilside Andrew Golt dish wheels....

latest.JPG

I estimate about 320-340+ at the rear wheels running 1.2bar/17.5 psi on the stock turbos,

It has had quite a bit done to it and is still in the process of being upgraded. Once it is all done I will make a proper post listing all the mods.