Parts Needed For An Lx450

SpeedyCycles

Before going to those guys...I suggest the following.

Go to the IH8MUD.com web site. Register yourself. Post in the WTB section of the classified that you're looking to purchase the parts you want. Many of the guys on that site are upgrading their trucks with aftermarket bumpers and sliders (to replace the running boards). You might be able to get one for MUCH less than from a vendor. Might take a while longer, but it might be worth it.

Or...order from the cruiserparts.net guys -- they're good to work with.

Or...if you plan on keeping the rig for a while, you can get the Factory Service Manual. It has not only the exploded view/diagram, but step-by-step instructions for any maintenance and/or repair required.

List price is about $100, but I've seen them for sale for around $70. With some minor differences, the Land Cruiser manual is the same as the LX 450 manual -- at least for mechanicals.

Yeah, I did not realize the running boards would be that high, I expected someone would be putting aftermarkets on and selling used ones for much less. Mine is still useable, I just need to have is straightened.

I will sign up for that program THI, thanks for the info. All this feedback is appreciated, and any additional is much appreciated.

Frank

• 5 weeks later...

OK, here is a more formal list from my dealer:

front bumper 5211160913

left 5210360200

right 5210260200

Left fender flare 7508660020D0

quarter sidemold 7560660020D0

Drivers side rear door

" " 1/4 panel

Running board

Hook from the hood

Fuel door

My paint codes are 1b1 and LC43

Thanks,

Frank

please clarify.

you have paint damage, correct? if so, why would you need new parts?

maybe I should've been more careful when I removed my flares and body panels -- but I wasn't...and just yanked them off...they'd be of no use to you now.

What's your end goal? Will this vehicle ever be an off-road rig? If so, you might consider an aftermarket bumper and/or sliders (in place of the running boards). If you don't plan on taking this seriously off-road, I still suggest you check the ih8mud.com WTB forum and post that you're looking for running boards/bumpers -- you'll likely get a great deal on good stuff. Guys there are often upgrading and would have no use for old bumpers and running boards.

please clarify.

you have paint damage, correct?  if so, why would you need new parts?

maybe I should've been more careful when I removed my flares and body panels -- but I wasn't...and just yanked them off...they'd be of no use to you now.

What's your end goal?  Will this vehicle ever be an off-road rig?  If so, you might consider an aftermarket bumper and/or sliders (in place of the running boards).  If you don't plan on taking this seriously off-road, I still suggest you check the ih8mud.com WTB forum and post that you're looking for running boards/bumpers -- you'll likely get a great deal on good stuff.  Guys there are often upgrading and would have no use for old bumpers and running boards.

Yes, mostly paint damage, I am actually MISSING the front bumper and wheel flare.

My end goal is to make a "soccer mom" vehicle for my wife/4 year old, and 1.5 year old.

Frank

I saw your post on ih8mud -- keep checking back to see if you get a response.

If it were my 450, I'd replace only what's needed, then have the other parts repainted. I think that's your plan, but it seems as though you have quite a few parts listed.

Another place to check would be www.taprecycling.com -- they're local to me, so I don't know how their shipping prices are. Some people I know have complained about the prices for parts, but I've been able to negotiate a pretty good deal. Their prices for used parts begins at about 1/2 of the new price. I've been able to get 1/2 off that price on certain items.

Good luck with the parts search. One more tip -- you might post on that other site's chit-chat section asking for tips or ideas from some of the other members. They might know of sources that I don't.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

I know.

I was contacted by a buddy of mine who has a few Land Cruisers he's parting out. He asked me if I had my trim pieces. :D

He's still looking for the parts. And I'm keeping my eyes open for stuff as well.

Have you checked with the guys at www.cruiserparts.net?

• 2 months later...
Looking for CD changer and stereo for 96 LX450.  Checked www.cruiserparts.net.  Alos, suggest alternative stereo, if you can recommend one.

Mahalo

Paul

The LX450 is nearly complete with the help of several forum members here, and on iH8MUD.com in addition to cruiserparts.net

Thanks again everyone. :cheers:

Frank

Here is one pic of it in the condition I purchased it.

Frank

What happened to the LX, got into an accient and the previous owner removed the damaged panels before you bought it? At any rate glad to hear your LX is coming along. Post more pictures of when it's finished or heck even now to show how it's progressing. :cheers: