Battery For Sc400

Thienn

Hi Guys,

The battery completely drained today; even lost radio memories! The car started right away after hooked up jump start cable. Please let me know which battery is the best for 1996 SC400? I do drive the car during the winter in Northeast! Thank you for all input,

I have no idea why it drained; no lights were left ON! It is a Lexus brand battery and there were no mention of battery change/replace from looking at records from previous owner (it's a 1996). Maybe it is an original battery; I too think it is time to replace! Thank you for your input...

I would go back to an original Lexus battery. You certainly cannot complain about the life you got out of the old one. I think that's superior to anything else out there. Mine lasted about a year less than yours. So, it seems like that is a pretty reasonable expectation of lifespan.

Tom

I checked the local parts stores and they do not have optima for SC400; Optima website also confirm that. I just called the dealer and the original Lexus battery would cost only $138.00. I will stop by and pick it up after work! If it is anything like the current one (never been replace since 1996), I will be pretty happy...

If you leave your car locked with the alarm on and with the auto sensor for the door locks etc., you can drain even a new battery in a couple of weeks. So, whatever battery you buy (I have an interstate) if you don't use your car for moderate or long periods of time invest $45 in a schumacher battery tender that maintains your charge but turns off automatically to prevent sulfation.

I drove 55 miles to work that morning; then the car would not start after 9-10 hours (trying to get home from a long day:-) so I don't think it drained due to the alarm or auto sensor door lock! Anyway, I picked up the battery from the dealer this afternoon and just replaced it. I can't afford to get stuck again! Thanks for all inputs...