Nakamachi Unit

craigamuir

I have the standard sound system and CD changer in my 00 LS400. I would like to have the Nakamachi unit and the premium speakers. I pulled the instructions to replace the radio and speakers and it looks pretty straightforward. My dealer won't even discuss it.

When a Nakamachi unit breaks (gets stolen, etc.), there must ba a way to replace it. If Nakamachi units can be purchased and installed as replacements for defective units, why wouldn't someone be able to replace the standard soundsystem with a Nakamachi? Does anyone know? I have to think that if the dealer was trying to sell you a new LS and the sound system was a problem, they would find a way to swap stereos pronto. My dealer has answered several of my requests of this type by gently suggesting that I consider getting a new car.

Does anyone have the Nakamachi to know if it's actually a fair bit better than the standard?

Nakamachi unit definately has less intermodulation distortion and sounds better than the premium system especially at high sound levels. It's like how the Levinson system is much cleaner than the premium system.

I would check the auto wrecking yards, especially the one in Northern CA that deals a lot of Lexus parts ... sorry I forget exactly where it is.

Nakamachi unit definately has less intermodulation distortion and sounds better than the premium system especially at high sound levels. It's like how the Levinson system is much cleaner than the premium system.

I would check the auto wrecking yards, especially the one in Northern CA that deals a lot of Lexus parts ... sorry I forget exactly where it is.

Do not forget to get the equalizer, amp, and speakers. The equalizer is the single most forgotten about part in the Nak system. It uses digital wires to transport the sound to the speakers, so it makes sense that it sounds more crisp and clear. Also has 80 more watts of power.

i have a nak system and never saw the equalizer, where is it? how can you send digital signal to the speakers? i'm inthe electronics field and i never heard of a digital speakers:) and its only 20W more from the amp then the premium system.

if you installing the nak instead of premium you will have to change cd changer and all the wiring to the amp as well. regular pioneer amp and nak amps use same sockets but the pins are different, as well as the bus between the changer and headunit. its a hell a lot of work.

i have a nak system and never saw the equalizer, where is it? how can you send digital signal to the speakers? i'm inthe electronics field and i never heard of a digital speakers:)  and its only 20W more from the amp then the premium system.

if you installing the nak instead of premium you will have to change cd changer and all the wiring  to the amp as well.  regular pioneer amp and nak amps use same sockets but the pins are different, as well as the bus between the changer and headunit. its a hell a lot of work.

I meant the wiring, not the speakers. The Nak uses different wires. You've never heard of digital output? :D

Hey-

I have a 1991 Lexus LS400, Black with stock speakers.  I was wondering what size speakers I need if I decide to replace them with new speakers? 

Thank you.    :)

why did you post this in an existing thread about something else?

oh, and back to the original post, of course the dealer will want you to buy a new car. Perhaps you could try suggesting that if they won't do the work for you, you have a "friend" at "another dealer" that said he would be more than happy to do it for you, and if they won't do it, you'll just take it there. :P

• 1 month later...

[/quote

TAP Recycling carries Toyota and Lexus used parts and located in Sacramento area. Hope this helps.

[/quote

TAP Recycling carries Toyota and Lexus used parts and located in Sacramento area. Hope this helps.

craigamuir , I can help you with your nak system email me or reply with your email address. :cheers: