Rx300 Rear Tail Light Replacement

lorenedopp

Hello everyone,

I have a 2000 RX300 and the right rear Tail Light bulb is out. How do I access the bulb? Is this something only the dealer can access? It looks like I have to take the entire interior apart to get at it.

Thank you for your assistance

Loren Doppelt

lorenedopp@aol.com

:unsure:

Hello everyone,

I have a 2000 RX300 and the right rear Tail Light bulb is out.  How do I access the bulb?  Is this something only the dealer can access?  It looks like I have to take the entire interior apart to get at it.

Thank you for your assistance

Loren Doppelt

lorenedopp@aol.com

:unsure:

Loren, I don't think there's much difference in the 2000 and 2001 so here's how for the 2001 RX 300. With the hatch open, you will see two 'round' looking plugs next to the seal. They have 'flat' bottoms that show you where to carefully insert a thin bladed screwdriver. Carefully pry the plugs off and you will see screws which can be removed with either a proper fitting socket or a phillips head screw driver. From there, you should be able to open that section which has the bulbs. Should be pretty easy from there. Would help to have the replacement bulb before starting. B)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem as the original post that began this thread. The person who responded said to lift the hatch. What hatch is it that he/she is talking about? I have no clue ... Pls help.

Thanks

OK, I get it... the hatch => the trunk. I just successfully replaced the tail light bulb. WOW!! In addition to the help on this forum, I also found this site useful - It has pictures! - which is what a dumb guy like me needs!!!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rx300how2/tail_light_lamp.htm

The aforementioned site is wonderful!!! I will be making a donation to that site!