Is300 Rims

mrsel3

anyone ever try putting IS300 17 inch rims on 02 or higher?

I have been shopping for rims and they appeal to me because they are factory rims and I could probablu get them for a better price than aftermarket stuff.

ALso are there any body kits for my lexus? I have seen the Eurbini and it looks very nice, however I am looking for something different.

Finally the transmission is *BLEEP*ing the you know what out of me. I tried to overtake a honda civic and almost lost because of an unexpected upshift.

Its funny you ask, i took my car the other day for an inspection and the owner told me he has a 95 es300 with IS300 rims and he says it fits perfect. After hearing this i think i might be on the look out for some IS300 rims.

go to your local lexus dealer and look at the 2005 17" ES rims. They are very similar/almost exact to the IS rims. They most definately will fit.

and yes the IS 17" rims will fit. I have seen several pics of Es's with them on.

take a look at the body kit from Carson Toyota

steviej

• 2 years later...

Do you guys know of anyone on these forums who is trying to get rid of their IS300 rims? I have been wanting to get the IS300 stock wheels from the 01-05 to put on my 95 ES300, and after the wheels i would see if it would need a drop which seems like it might, i would get some lowering springs. It would be greatly appreciated if you guys can find someone who is trying to get rid of them. :)

Do you guys know of anyone on these forums who is trying to get rid of their IS300 rims? I have been wanting to get the IS300 stock wheels from the 01-05 to put on my 95 ES300, and after the wheels i would see if it would need a drop which seems like it might, i would get some lowering springs. It would be greatly appreciated if you guys can find someone who is trying to get rid of them. :)

I am almost certain that the IS WHeels will NOT fit an ES. The offset is TOO positive.

The offset on an IS is about 50mm. You need 35-40mm on the ES model.

Avalon, Camry or newer ES wheels will work no problem.

I am almost certain that the IS WHeels will NOT fit an ES. The offset is TOO positive.

The offset on an IS is about 50mm. You need 35-40mm on the ES model.

Avalon, Camry or newer ES wheels will work no problem.

watch what tires you get, it will rub the rear strut, a lil spacer and no rub

i have 215/50 r 17.

Sounds good, they look REALLY good on your ES300 justin. So i guess 215 /50 it is. I was reading somewhere else that i'll be needing 5mm spacers? Is that what you used on yours and with 5mm are they gonna be flush with the fenders and no rubbing? Another thing from the picture of yours it looks like i will be needing a set of lowering springs, do you know if that will do some harm to anything, because it looks like you didnt lower yours and i was wondering if there was a reason for you not lowering it?

Sounds good, they look REALLY good on your ES300 justin. So i guess 215 /50 it is. I was reading somewhere else that i'll be needing 5mm spacers? Is that what you used on yours and with 5mm are they gonna be flush with the fenders and no rubbing? Another thing from the picture of yours it looks like i will be needing a set of lowering springs, do you know if that will do some harm to anything, because it looks like you didnt lower yours and i was wondering if there was a reason for you not lowering it?

roads around here dont like lowered cars, i have bottomed out the struts so many time with this car, no rubing at all but i did use i think a 3/8 spacer in the rear only, i might lower it one day ;) maybe

Ouch, yah i see what your saying. I live in Chicago we have about a foot of snow on the sidewalks so im definently waiting til after winter for the IS wheels and all the other stuff. I also dont want to do to many mods to this car because i really want to get what i used to have. I had an M42 it WAS sweet. (1992 318is 5spd). Doesnt have to be a 92 318. I would also like any year E36, as long as its the coupe not hatchback.

2e5no7d.jpg (before)...

3y7ia9c.jpg ...(and obviously after) :cries:

Ouch, yah i see what your saying. I live in Chicago we have about a foot of snow on the sidewalks so im definently waiting til after winter for the IS wheels and all the other stuff. I also dont want to do to many mods to this car because i really want to get what i used to have. I had an M42 it WAS sweet. (1992 318is 5spd). Doesnt have to be a 92 318. I would also like any year E36, as long as its the coupe not hatchback.

2e5no7d.jpg (before)...

3y7ia9c.jpg ...(and obviously after) :cries:

ouch what the fawk hit u......

Ah, man... that's nauseating. I just parted with my E36 cabrio, and that was hard to let it go (my wife didn't want the cabrio, and the Lexus is more suiting to her). So, seeing your E36 mangled just makes me cringe... especially when it looked like a really nice and clean ride. (sigh), one more nice ride lost (sniff)... but no tears shed for the Neon :-p

Ah, man... that's nauseating. I just parted with my E36 cabrio, and that was hard to let it go (my wife didn't want the cabrio, and the Lexus is more suiting to her). So, seeing your E36 mangled just makes me cringe... especially when it looked like a really nice and clean ride. (sigh), one more nice ride lost (sniff)... but no tears shed for the Neon :-p

Oh yeah i feel the pain of loosing that car every single day, i have the key to that car on a key ring along with my current car, the lexus... im hoping to be getting another one and hopefully ill have much better luck because i only had that car for about 3 months from august to november of last year so its been a year already.

Ah, man... that makes it even worse that you just got a taste of the 3-series before it got obliterated. Here's what I had to let go of.... (oh, wait, this is a Lexus forum... sorry, wrong car :rolleyes: )

WOW... Now i bet that was a HARD one to let go of... its ok atleast we are talking about cars and not like computers or digital cameras, i know im still not over mine and it has been a year and it was not all that special. It was all thgat i asked for in a car from my dad, BMW, 5spd, rear wheel drive, and i had it for a whole 3 months, after that BMW i had a 97' Stratus, 96' VW Jetta, 97' GMC Safari, and now im up to the Lexus which i am definently not complaining about.

• 1 month later...

Ah, man... that makes it even worse that you just got a taste of the 3-series before it got obliterated. Here's what I had to let go of.... (oh, wait, this is a Lexus forum... sorry, wrong car :rolleyes: )

WOW... Now i bet that was a HARD one to let go of... its ok atleast we are talking about cars and not like computers or digital cameras, i know im still not over mine and it has been a year and it was not all that special. It was all thgat i asked for in a car from my dad, BMW, 5spd, rear wheel drive, and i had it for a whole 3 months, after that BMW i had a 97' Stratus, 96' VW Jetta, 97' GMC Safari, and now im up to the Lexus which i am definently not complaining about.

previous BMW owner here also, had a 95 325i super clean n nice handling. just so happened to develope a head gasket problem at the worst time last november right before finals and just when i had only bout $5 so i ehhhh hard to say but i sold it.....sweet car blk on blk.. very nice.. thinkin bout gettin a bmw again, found an e46 for 7k. wat u guys think, its forbidding to ask but which would you rather have if u had one choice BIMMER or LEX

previous BMW owner here also, had a 95 325i super clean n nice handling. just so happened to develope a head gasket problem at the worst time last november right before finals and just when i had only bout $5 so i ehhhh hard to say but i sold it.....sweet car blk on blk.. very nice.. thinkin bout gettin a bmw again, found an e46 for 7k. wat u guys think, its forbidding to ask but which would you rather have if u had one choice BIMMER or LEX

HAHA... well lets see if i had the choice, not to offend any of the hardcore Lexus fans BMW's are more my type of cars; sporty, stiff, and handle like no other... although i wouldnt mind an IS300, in stick of course... also i prefer RWD in which you have very few options to have RWD in lexus where its still considered a "sports" car. Then again it all depends on the preference of the buyer :blushing: I'm also planning on buying another BMW no idea on which one yet, Which E46 did you find for $7000, which model?