Is This A Know Problem?

Em91

Hello everybody. Well I recently thought I had a leaking head gasket because I could see coolant coming down from the side of the head. Well, I cleaned everything up and started the engine and the car would not leak. It took 4 days for the leak to emerge again. This time the leak was dripping exactely where the engine and tranny connect. The leak is coming from above but, I cant pinpoint it. Also the leak is coming from both sides and it is dripping the same exact way. The leak is hard to find because of the space limitations and because it is running straight down the seem where the tranny and block meet. I think my rear coolant crossover is leaking at the gaskets. My question is if anybody here has ever experienced this? Does the leak from that location generally run right where the block and tranny meet? Also, is this a common problem? I'm going to work on the car this weekend and was just wondering if anybody had experienced this before? :unsure:

where the tranny and engine meet is called a rear main seal. mine is also leaking....but not coolant. i've only heard of/experienced oil leaking from a rear main seal. i dont know if it is possible for coolant to leak from this seal.

No, 1uzfe I am talking about the coolant cross over pipe. It may be called a coolant bypass pipe but I'm not sure. I am not talking about an oil leak. The oil leak at the rear main seal would leak on the bottom of the tranny. I am talking about the top of the engine. It is just running down the seem where the engine and tranny meet. Thanks for the answer though.

i figured thats what you were trying to explain. i can't help you with that one. the best i can tell you is make sure you keep an eye on the coolant level and keep it topped off. you'll be fine, atleast for now...