Click...click...click...

vyhanh

Hi,

When the ignition is turned on (not to start the engine but to light up all lights in the dash), there is a click....click.... click.... sound going on in the engine bay for about 7-8 secs. I investigated where it came from: It seems to come from INSIDE the ENGINE right under the Throttle Body. Does anybody know what it can be? It does this whenever the key is at the above position. So, what I have been doing is to wait til this sound stops then turn over the engine. The car has been going well, mileage etc....

Thanks

VH

91 LS400 140K

I investigated where it came from: It seems to come from INSIDE the ENGINE right under the Throttle Body. Does anybody know what it can be?

does your car have trac? I believe that the trac computer/module thingy is either right on top of the throttle body, or right next to it. maybe there is something not right with your trac system??

not too sure :unsure:

Thanks for your replies.

. Lexus Envy: The battery is not dead. It is very good and maintains the charge well (by Autozone free testing)

. 1UZ-FE: That's what I thought too thining that the noise came underneath the TRAC cover. How do I test the system?

Thanks

VH

03 X5 4.4 (6K)

99 ML320 (45K)

91 LS400 (145K)

92 Prelude 4WSi (55K)

91 Galant (145K)

1UZ-FE: That's what I thought too thining that the noise came underneath the TRAC cover. How do I test the system?

sorry but that was more or less just a guess. ummm...i dont really know much about how to test the system/diagnostic. the only questions i can ask are rather basic:

1. does the trac system perform a self test when you first turn the car on? (trac & trac off bulbs light for a few seconds)(make sure all your warning bulbs light up)

2. are any of your check engine/trac off/trac lights on/blinking while driving? (make sure all your warning bulbs light up)

3. does the trac system function properly when you break traction?

i think thats about all i got....maybe someone else could answer your questions better.