Carseat For 1993 Ls400

cbell2323

Hi,

I currently own a 1993 LS400. I just bought and attached the anchor for the tether for my child's carseat.

She is old enough and has the weight now to be forward facing. The problem I am having is that this car does not have the latch system and I am faced with using the middle seat's lap belt to secure the car seat.

My question is how do you secure it tight enough that the front part does not move. Right now I can move the front part like 1 to 2 inches.

Any tools or tricks to reduce this movement?

Thanks,

The latch system didn't come into use until 2000.

You don't want the seat to move more than an inch forward/back or side to side. Does your car have the shoulder harness or just the lap belt?

If you have the harness, a trick is to run the belt through, buckle it, extend it all the way so it locks and retracts. Then basically sit/kneel on the seat with all your weight and pull down as hard as you can on the belt at the point where it runs vertically into side of door area. Once you release it and remove your weight from the seat, you'll be good to go. Good luck.

If you cant get it to work, go to a local police or firestation for help. Its gotta be right.

Yes I agree make sure it is 100% correctly installed. My 3.5 yr. old was in the car when my ex-wife was t-boned by a car going 55mph. He walked away just a bit shook up. I chalk this up to a the Britax seat installed properly.