Aftermarket Nav

I am in the market for an after market navigation system for my 1998 GS300. Actually, I am in the market for a NAV kit regardless. Does anyone know if you can buy the NAV kit from the dealer after the purchase? If not, are there any that fit well into the console? I want the navigation to look as seemless as possible and am willing to pay for the look. I assume that a professional installation will be necessary, but I am looking to determine if their are any models that fit without too many adjustments.

A very big job I reckon. You'd prolly find it easier and cheaper to swap the whole car for one with a factory SatNav if you're determined to have the OEM machine.

You might want to have a look at some of the aftermarket devices

first question is where are you located?

second is what do you mean by factory style

you can put an aftermarket system of a tv in the dash and add on nav aorund 2600

you will neeed a new face plate built also to house it

do you want an in dash tv screen or one that pops out hen the car is on and hides when it is off?

i have one in my es 300

bt no nav yet

I would like one that is built into the console...no need for it to hide when it is not in use. I would kind of like the screen to fit in the area where the stereo is and not look like it was done in a hurry. I am in Southern California (LA, to be exact), so I know there are a lot of places that can do it, but where and what kind of systems are the main questions.

Still, does anyone know if you can get it from the factory and have it installed? I think that might be my best option.

I would like one that is built into the console...no need for it to hide when it is not in use. I would kind of like the screen to fit in the area where the stereo is and not look like it was done in a hurry. I am in Southern California (LA, to be exact), so I know there are a lot of places that can do it, but where and what kind of systems are the main questions.

Still, does anyone know if you can get it from the factory and have it installed? I think that might be my best option.

To get it done through a dealership using factory part is going to be hella $$$$$. You better off going with an aftermarket unit. Just to give you an idea, the factory screen is around 2500 just for the screen....aftermarket is the way to go unless deep--deeeeeppp pockets..