How Much Should I Pay?

eazye344

What's up guys...

I'm looking pretty seriously at getting a new IS300 to replace my "constantly under repair" grand am. How much did everyone pay for thiers? I know the dealer markup is about 4 grand. Do you think I can get in one for anywhere near invoice?

I am looking at the charcoal gray color/e-shift/no sportdesign (I like the 5 spoke rims better). Any chance of me getting it for 30K?

Thanks for the help!

"I know the dealer markup is about 4 grand."

If you are working with a dealer that is marking up an IS, go to another dealer. Or are you in an area that is remote? Dealer have not marked up IS's in a long time.

By markup I meant the difference between invoice and MSRP.

If you go to Edmunds.com, you can see the dealer invoice (the price the dealer pays for the vehicle), and you'll also see the MSRP (the price that the lexus website shows). By having a huge markup (~4k) the dealer has a bunch of freedom to negotiate a price. I was just wondering how much everyone talked the dealer down from MSRP.

Are you saying that all ISs are sold at invoice???

By markup I meant the difference between invoice and MSRP.

If you go to Edmunds.com, you can see the dealer invoice (the price the dealer pays for the vehicle), and you'll also see the MSRP (the price that the lexus website shows). By having a huge markup (~4k) the dealer has a bunch of freedom to negotiate a price. I was just wondering how much everyone talked the dealer down from MSRP.

Are you saying that all ISs are sold at invoice???

I see, you were not to clear on that. You should try and speak to a fleet Mgr. These guys are not interested in anything but moving units. Here is another note, fleet guys work on slary not the %'s like sales guys...

OK...so I just talked to a salesman on the phone last night. He told me that the sticker on the car is ~34,000. I asked him to give me a starting point to deal from and he said $31,500. Where should I start at??? He also informed me that if we can do this deal before next week they can have some more freedom to haggle because they have to fill thier monthly quotas.

Input please...

dude

its this easy. walk in. say I want that car (point to the car) then say I will pay this number (say the number) then just watch them squak and sqeel untill you get what you want. If you don't just get up and leave.

or by used.

You can try the dealer and should be able to find a used IS300 for under 30,000. I wouldn't think you will find a new one one for under 30,000. At least not the one you want.

Try ebay. I purchased my 02' IS for 27,300 and it only had 10,000 miles. It has every possible option that i know of including navigation. Just make sure to do your research before you bid.

Whatever you do not settle on one. Get the one that you want... and have fun doing it!

Just a follow up...

I just put my deposit down on a GGP leather/escaine fully loaded (except navi) for $500 over invoice. I was talking to the sales guy, and frustrated the hell out of him because I wouldn't bend from my price. I kept asking for invoice and he said that it was unrealistic. So then I just started talking directly to the GM. He ended up cutting close to another $1000 off the quote! When the salesman returned he was really surprised because he told me that he bought one for his son 2 mos. ago and all he got was $600 over invoice. HA! Of course I don't know how much of that to believe because I was talking to a car salesman!

Can't wait until it's delivered!

• 3 months later...