Rattle From Engine On Startup

ellieoh

2000 ES300 with 68000 miles, the other day I heard a rattle from engine on startup the rattle cleared straight away and the engine runs perfectly. Anyone experienced this before?

Am I correct the powertrain warranty runs to 70000 miles?

David

open the hood and stand next to the engine bay while someone starts the car several times. Try to pinpoint the sound.

Is it a sheet metal rattle like a heat shield is loose?

Is it an internal engine rattle?

Is it coming from the belt area?

do you see where I am coming from.....a little more information will be so much more helpful.

steviej

It does not have a OEM oil filter and I will install OEM to eliminate that. The engine RPM on startup seems to be normal, the belts seem to be correctly adjusted.

Anyone know if the power train warranty runs to 70,000? I will check with the Lexus dealer today and report back.

(I also have a 1994 ES300 and a LX450)

Anyone know if the power train warranty runs to 70,000? I will check with the Lexus dealer today and report back.

I believe the powertrain warranty is 7 year or 70,000 miles and it only covers selected parts. Check you supplemental service manual for a listing of what is covered.

steviej