Lexus GS Wheels

I just got a 99 white Lexus gs 300 and I am planning to put some 20's on it. My friend told me that I should go with 20x8 otherwise it would rub. The wheels that I want don't come in that size but 20x8.5 Would those fit on my car with no probs? It's the 2nd gen GS. THanks

• 2 months later...

I have 2 GS430's with 20'''s on them, i have the LSPORTLINE 20x8.5 and 20x10.5 on one, and then have never rubbed, the car is lowered with HnR Springs. My other one has HRE 547's in the same size and It is lowered with LSportline/Eibach triple rate springs and they don't rub anywhere! You should definetly go with 20's! Both cars have 245/35/20's in the front and 285/30/20's in the back! I have never had any problems with bending or Rubbing!

I had ordered the Giovana Coriscas 20x8.5's with Nitto 555 tires and already put them on. At first it looked like it would rub but it didn't. It fits perfect in there. I have my bodykit from Carisma on there too. It looks like the Black Widow type and I have ordered the Eclipse TV/DVD (av8132), 2 10" eclipse Titanium subs and also a memphis belle amp plus another memphis 1000d amp. I'll take pics and post asap. i'm also planning to put tv's in the headrest, but eclipse doesn't make tv's to fit the headrests. their smallest is 7" I'm thinkin bout this company savv that sends you a factory headrest with the tv in it. anyone heard of them?

I almost forgot, after puttin on the 20's, braking is a lot slower.  the factory brakes just aint cuttin it.  what brake system should i go with?  im thinkin bout goin with brambo, the brakes from porsche

Go with Supra TT Brakes cheapest way to get 4 piston calipers and good quality toyota rotors!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just joined. :D

Like xsuperjoex suggested, the Supra TT is the least expensive way to get larger brakes. I am not familiar with the Corsicas but make sure it can handle a big brake upgrade though. Since the calipers are larger, you just need to make sure there is enough room. This is true with most big brake upgrades.

Else, you can go to better brake pads. EBC green pads seems to work well with minimal brake dust and at an affordable price. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
I almost forgot, after puttin on the 20's, braking is a lot slower.  the factory brakes just aint cuttin it.  what brake system should i go with?  im thinkin bout goin with brambo, the brakes from porsche

That is largely because the weight of the 20's is a TON more than the cars braking system was designed to handle. If you are upgrading brakes you can either put a Brembo kit on there, or even the Supra Twin turbo brakes I think.

• 8 months later...

I also have dubs for my ride as well. Today I got pulled over for supposedly speeding he said I was going 75 but when I had checked prior to him pulling me over my speedometer read 70(still 5 mph over the speed limit). I told him that my meter must be off due to my larger rims. But I still don't know 5mph off. Anyone here experienced similar problems? O by the way I didn't get a ticket :lol:

i have 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear with a drop of like 2 may 2.5 inches and no rubbing issued here. but ya it will depend on the roads where u live , i lived in n.j. 4 a long time and the roads were horrible. but down here the roads r nice and level. but as far as fitment yes . but if u get a good quality wheel it will help against the bad roads a little.

Yea I had that same problem. except mine is 3 miles over. I got pulled over twice because I was 5 miles over the speedlimit on cruise control. When the first cop pulled me over, I thought he was crazy adn we got into an arguement. The 2nd cop that pulled me over, I wasnt as skeptic anymore. So now I have to drive keeping 3 mph in mind on speed limits. The wheels still run really good and there's no rubbing. I'm still under the stock suspension. My friend dropped his one inch with 20's and that was hell. Well thanks for the info guys.

P.S. hey slammed gs, on those rotors, should I get the brake pads to ? or does that really even matter as long as i have the rotors?

I also have a gs with 20's .. and I a thinking about getting a brake upgrade. if I go with the supra TT Brakes will I have to purchase the supra TT brake pad, rotors and calipers or just the pads and rotors.. and can any figure out what I may be looking at spending?

Thanks

I also have a gs with 20's .. and I a thinking about getting a brake upgrade. if I go with the supra TT Brakes will I have to purchase the supra TT brake pad, rotors and calipers or just the pads and rotors.. and can any figure out what I may be looking at spending?

Thanks

BlueLex makes a good point... the quality of the wheels will help to safeguard against pothole damage, and a good lightweight wheel will minimize the effects increase in rotational inertia caused by heavier wheels- and help to improve the ride quality. A lightweight 20" might very well perform better than a heavier 18"- there are many other factors that can affect this, however.

A cast aluminum wheel is typivally not lightweight- its' spokes must be thicker to make up for the difference in strength in the casting (versus a Forged wheel).

My advice- if you are concerned about performance, prepare to buck-up for a quality wheel. If you're just in it for the "Bling", you can buy the cheaper wheels- just be prepared for the performance to suffer somewhat. Also, you might want to buy an extra wheel, in case you biff one.

Regards,

Bob

I just got a 99 white Lexus gs 300 and I am planning to put some 20's on it. My friend told me that I should go with 20x8 otherwise it would rub. The wheels that I want don't come in that size but 20x8.5 Would those fit on my car with no probs? It's the 2nd gen GS. THanks

Check out HRE Wheels. These wheels are the best on the market. Yes, the do have a nice price tag. but you get what you pay for. I have the HRE 543's on my GS and could not be any happier with the set-up. Follow the link below to the HRE Site. Also they are a good bunch of guys.. :cheers:

http://www.hrewheels.com/