Will A 97-02 Es300 Hid Fit 96es300?

hammer008

Almost got an accident because of my poor stock(sylvania) headlights would not show the road.

Anyhow..

A local junkyard has an HID kit for a 97 ES300 (lightbulb type H7) for cheap. Can I fit this on my 96 ES300 without too much trouble? I know that 96 has 9006 lightbulbs but do the lightbulb holder for 97-HID-H7 fit a 96 without too much trouble?

Further, anyone try putting 9005 into 9006? I know you can just cut the plastic to make them fit. Would be about 70% brighter.

That's nice that your local junkyard has a '97 ES HID kit at a cheap price, but unfortunately it will NOT (I repeat, NOT) fit into your '96 ES. The bulb holder in your ES requires a totally different connector housing than what the '97 HID kit calls for.

From what I have gathered, a 9005 bulb can be made to fit into a 9006 bulb holder by cutting off one or more of the tabs. The light output would be much greater, too great for my needs :D

It can be made to fit with some adapter plates for 9006 to the oem spec bulbs which are d2s or d2r 's

Just pop this on the hid bulb and you can just pop them in.

You will have to do some wiring though.

Ebay has them from 200 -350 for a full conversion kit with no adapters needed ,which is probably cheaper and easier to install since it does not require any wiring to the car or headlights

thanks for the adapter plate info.

I guess I will just get the ballasts and buy the 9006 bulbs from ebay...since they don't seem to sell the "adapter plates" for 9006?

ps. suggestions so far:

1. using a hardening putty to make a "9006 adapter"

2. cut the d2s bulb housing and epoxy it into a "dremeled" stock 9006 bulb.

Any help is/was appreciated since I do alot of night driving.

they are not always on

if you get a ballast it is easier to match up the wiring with either the oem style bulbs which have no wires coming off the bulbs or the aftermarket style ones which has the ballast wires with a round base to adapt to it and twist.

I wouldn;t dremel the thing since you can buy a pair of bulbs for $100 already made properly

Get the polarion HID xenon kit comes with everything the ballasts, philips bulbs i paid 600 and installed them myself WELL worth it

I think you payed too much.

Anyhow, the reason I am trying to retrofit is that I can get the whole shabang for $US150 at a local junk yard. Moreover, they are factory lexus stuff so when the cops pulls me over it is easier to explain. ;)

I think you payed too much.

Actually i didnt, the polarion hid is the the best on the market. Some people like to go out and buy a setup from ebay only to find out they still need additional wiring, or ballasts. This kit came with everything and is a TRUE xenon kit. You can kill yourself trying to find a setup but the bottom line is the polarion ballasts withi philips bulbs are the best around. Ill be trying to host some pics later on.