Weird Noise When A/c First Turn On

rl9905

I have a 2000 RX300 30,000 miles on it. When I first start my car and turn on the A/C, the engine makes like this noise that it is stuck or struggling or somthing that last for like 2 seconds. I've notice that it only happens when I first start the car. But today when i turn it on, it made like this struggling noise and then it sqeaked for about 2 seconds.

I've tried searching for my problem on the forum but i couldn't find my specific problem. If anyone knows could you please help.

Thanx

-Robert

First things first - check your serpentine belt. Look for small cracks developing on the top (smooth) side as well as the bottom (grooved) side. A 2000 model vehicle is now between 4 and 5 years old. Most decent belts will last four years before breaking down, and that's when squealing begins to occur. So if you're still driving on the original belt, even with only 30,000 miles, it's time for a new one. If that fixes your squealing problem, that's a cheap (and smart) fix....