Need Opinions On Sc300 Swap?

ToyoSoarer

I like the idea of the 2JZ, but can the SC300 handle as much as the 2JZ can throw at it like a normal Supra? I am talking like 700-800WHP? I know the tranny would need to be swapped and upgraded, but I am just talking about the Car........ Also, what are the Comparisons or a 1JZ-GTE and a 2JZ-GTE??? Like which swap do you guys like better? Thanks Alec

--peace--

OK, first, yes the SC300 can handle as much as the Supra can hold. The 700-800hp range isn't anything EXTREMELY big...a guy here in Austin has one that dynoed like 784hp to the wheels. YEs, like you said, you would either have to swap the tranny, or you could just build up the current tranny (assuming its an automatic). Second, if I recal correctly, the 1JZ-GTE is 2.5 liter...IMO the 2JZ-GTE is better..more torque due to more liters.

--Taylor

Yes, the 1JZ is 2.5 and the 2JZ is 3.0. The thing is, I would like to have a Supra, but we all know how much those cost. Also, it would be more original to roll up in a car that everyones like, "I will kick its rear-end." Then they hear the Blowoffs. Also, one more swap question: Its hard as hell to find a 5spd SC300, should I go with a Auto and swap a 5spd and a 2JZ or just wait till a 5spd comes? Thanks Alec

--peace--

Depends on your driving really. You can gear out the 5speed to match the 6, and vice-versa, but it really depends on what you want to do with your car. I like my 5 speed cause i can easily keep it in the powerband or i can keep it stable for city driving. The 6speed would be nice to have just to say i have it, but other than circuit racing, i wouldnt need it

Anyone get me a heads up one how much a swap with a 2JZ and a 6spd would run if I could get the 2JZ and ECU for $3k. I would do the Engine swap myself and then I would hand it over for the 6spd conversion. Thanks, Alec

P.S. Where can I find the Vertex or Target body kit on the net for a Soarer? Thanks

--peace--

Also, it would be more original to roll up in a car that everyones like, "I will kick its rear-end." Then they hear the Blowoffs.

There's nothing original about rolling up in a turbo Sc. There are THOUSANDS and most make over 600 hp. Visit another popular, large lexus online community to find some of them :) They are there ;)

You will find lot's more info also.

I know of more than 1,999 that are turbo, so thousands :) ;)

In the state of california alone there are over 500. Lot's of these guy's don't have internet acess, but they can still be found everytime they get a speeding ticket :D I've seen the database figures from when my uncle was nice enough to show me (i asked ofcourse) after he went into law enforcement.

Lol.

i dont know why you were talking about going from a 1jz to a 2jz i may be mistaken at wut u were talking about but all sc300's in the us come with the 2jz-ge

anywho if your looking for a good place to get an engine for the swap i would suggest www.venus-auto.com they are based in cali. very nice ppl you can get a 2jzgtte with or without vvt-i out of an aristo for about 2grand plus shipping which wont be that much i think it was around 400$ to ship it all the way out here to florida and the engine you will get from them will come with ecu and tranny and even an uncut wiring harness and if your planning on going from auto to 6 speed ..... u better have some deep pockets it wont be cheap.. id prolly suggest getting a 5speed and seeing where that gets you any other questions???

Can the SC300 handle as much as the 2JZ can throw at it like a normal Supra? I am talking like 700-800WHP? I know the tranny would need to be swapped and upgraded.

Yes, the SC is every bit a capable as the Supra, they are the same chassis. You should thiink of the SC300 and the Supra as mechanical twins. The sheet metal is different but under that they are near identical, yes the Lexus is slightly longer. The Lexus is the luxury version with a better rear seat vs the Supra's flat out sports car bias. You will find that you are talking about direct bolt up brakes, springs, shocks, cut outs in the body panel to allow for SMIC piping, interchangeable fuel pumps, brake hoses, engine mounting brackets identical. There are more. Exhuast is single vs dual.

Go with a 5 speed, you will have a much easier time in with your Getrag 6-speed conversion. You can use a 5 speed up to about 450 rwhp from what I've heard. Push past that point at your W58's peril, so I hear. Do a google on "Angel SC300"