Ipod Support Possible In 2007. Sc Only.

Wizard

For those music fans having envy issues with BMW's offering an integrated iPod system, I recieved feedback from an inquiry I made through our dealership that the 2007 SC will not only have a new body style, but it will be the only Lexus model offering iPod integration. Of course, plans are subject to change, but that is what is currently in the works, according to the regional office in CA.

My personal hope is that they ressurect the old body style and get rid of the euro-trash look and complete impracticality of the current 430's. If they donj't, then I guess I'll be driving my '95 5-speed into the grave with me when I die.

why dont you go out and buy a cd/mp3 to tape converter. i use my sharperimage mp3 player through the tape player. works just fine.

Um, why dont I just go out and buy a rusted out Ford to drive while I'm at it? Or maybe I should just stick a boombox in the back seat? Do you know how poor the quality of music is through the tape circuitry? Obviously not, since you use mp3 format on a product made by a brand that is world reknown for poor quality. What the :censored: is the point of having Nakamichi or Mark Levinson audio systems if you are just going to use some piece of :censored: to drive it?

If "Works just fine" cut it, I'd be driving a Toyota or Honda 4-banger. We are talking about Lexus here.

Its all about quality, refinement, and integration. Do you think the rear door of the RX330 just HAD to close itself at the push of a button? Of course not, but it is precisely that kind of lavish overkill which defines the Lexus brand.

Well, I guess if you want your hob-snobbery of a sound system (God forbid you get a little crackle in your system), you could always do what I did to one of my SC's:

1) Rip out your entire stock sound system (Nachamicwhatever is <censored> crap anyways)

2) Write a really large check to Cerwin-Vega, Infinity, etc. for real metal-coned tweeters and subs

3) Make custom boxes and mounts for your new speakers. I recommend a dremmel tool.

4) Write another large check to Cerwin-Vega for a V12 six channel amp

5) Install the amp under the front seat (difficult) or in the trunk (even more difficult). I did the latter

6) Get a Y-Plug (i.e. RCA to mini-jack) and connect it straight up to your MP3 player (this setup is headless (i.e. no radio/CD control... just iPod)).

Oh, and while you're at it, don't listen to MP3s... there quality is crap. Use AIFF or Lossless.

This entire process cost me around $3,000 and about twenty hours of good, hard work (and I'm and electrical engineer).

... or you could just be satisfied with a cheap (~$10.00) tape adaptor.

You be the judge: are you an audiophile or a user?

P.S. You can also replace $3,000 with $5,000 to have someone else do it for you.

I am an audiophile. I use either AAC(mobile) or lossless(home) already. iPod uses AAC. What I *don't* want is to be fiddling with the iPod controls when I could be using the car's volume control, track selector, etc while I'm driving. You should be able to get in the car, dock the iPod in a slot in the stereo, and then use it as a music source using the standard controls. BMW does this to limited extent already, and apparently now Lexus has recieved enough interest in this that they are working on it. I thought I'd pass the news on. As for the whole snob thing, by your standards I suppose anyone who buys a Lexus rather than a Toyota is a snob.