What Is Your Mpg?

jgarden

Just filled up my 4th tank of gas. Best tank was 12.8 and worst was 12.3. Granted most of my driving is city driving, but shouldn't I be doing a little better than this? Advertised was 15/19. Our suburban which weighed more had a bigger engine and was 1995 technology got 10 mpg!

Is this the norm?

BTW, this is computation using the miles driven and gallons filled (not the on board computer).

so i'm guessing ur mileage is less than 1k. :whistles: well i can remember my first fill-up, that sweet 9 mpg! :o lol.

my mpg right now, is roughly 14-15 city, 18-20 highway. wait for ur gx to get older in mileage, mpg will improve. that's what happened to mine.

Just filled up my 4th tank of gas. Best tank was 12.8 and worst was 12.3. Granted most of my driving is city driving, but shouldn't I be doing a little better than this? Advertised was 15/19. Our suburban which weighed more had a bigger engine and was 1995 technology got 10 mpg!

Is this the norm?

BTW, this is computation using the miles driven and gallons filled (not the on board computer).

Always between 16 & 17. On the open highway about 18.

I guess I did not even pay attention to the mileage when I first got the car ... wow... that mileage sucks. :( But, I have about 10K on it now and for a while I have been getting 16-17 mixed driving and about 19-22 on highway. I have been driving heavier SUV's in the past and have altered my driving from my sports car days .... :whistles:

IMO, the mileage is pretty decent considering what it could be. I know it seems a crime to drive an SUV as a commuter, but I sure do like the comfort zone ... :-)