Change Distributor Caps

redhawks2

Well I give up...I have the top covers off the engine that conceals the plugs, wires, distributor cap, etc. but can't figure out how the bottom half of the distributor housing is attached to the engine. Feels like there is bolt somewhere holding the bottom half on but I cant find it. Very frustrating! I'm trying to replace the plug wires and the distrivbutor caps/rotors, but have been stalled by not being able to get to the cap to replace it. Any ideas?

I gave up trying to replace the distributor and rotor on my '94. And I have the instructions to do it. 15 pages. It sure looks a lot harder than simply removing 3 bolts, since you can't get at them. Maybe a guru can tell us how to really get at the distributor housing. It seems the radiator and timing belt and assorted other stuff are in the way.

I posted this question previously, and never got a clear answer. Maybe we'll get lucky this time.

Well...I was able to feel around and found two more bolts at the bottom of the the housing/cover that hides the distributor, timing belt, etc. Good thing I have the "hands of a surgeon" or I would never have gotten these off. Was able to change out the cap/rotor on the driver side along with the coil wire and two of the plug wires which were in very bad shape. One of my plug wires just pulled right out of the valve cover without any difficulty because it was essentially rotted through. These engines are amazing when it comes to running under adverse circumstances. I'm going to try the passenger side next weekend. It looks even more crowded so I'm sure it will be lots of fun!