Now No Speedometer

• 4 years later...

Had a similar experience, and just to be clear, the only thing I know about the electrical system is what I read here.

I have 1998 GS300. Battery was drained while at work and when I jumped car at end of day, the alarm kicked off as soon as I attached jumper cables but the car started immediately after all jumper cables connected.

When I started to drive away, I noticed that all instruments were out on dash board. No MPH, No RPM, No Fuel or Oil. No backlight.

I checked Guage Fuse in kick box to left of brake pedal below steering wheel.

It was fine. Still no instruments.

Then I went under hood to fuse box on passenger side close to battery. I pulled a single fuse, labed MPX-B. It was fine and when I replaced it, the car alarm started.

Now when I went to start car, all the instruments and the backlight was working again.

Not sure if pulling the MPX-B fuse caused some sort of reset, but everything seems to be working fine now.

• 3 months later...
  • 13 years later...
On 9/7/2009 at 7:13 PM, Jeff Laube said:

Had a similar experience, and just to be clear, the only thing I know about the electrical system is what I read here.

I have 1998 GS300. Battery was drained while at work and when I jumped car at end of day, the alarm kicked off as soon as I attached jumper cables but the car started immediately after all jumper cables connected.

When I started to drive away, I noticed that all instruments were out on dash board. No MPH, No RPM, No Fuel or Oil. No backlight.

I checked Guage Fuse in kick box to left of brake pedal below steering wheel.

It was fine. Still no instruments.

Then I went under hood to fuse box on passenger side close to battery. I pulled a single fuse, labed MPX-B. It was fine and when I replaced it, the car alarm started.

Now when I went to start car, all the instruments and the backlight was working again.

Not sure if pulling the MPX-B fuse caused some sort of reset, but everything seems to be working fine now.

On 12/18/2009 at 7:57 PM, SeattleGS3 said:

I had the same problem with my 98 GS 300. Disconect the negative battery cable, wait ten minutes and re-connect.

Thanks!!!  Life saver!