95 Es 300 Passenger Door Problems

animal2225

Hi I have a 95 Lexus ES 300 and I have a problem. First off the door handle on the outside of the passenger front seat door quit working. So I went to the Lexus dealer ship and they told me it was a common problem and gave me this little plastic piece that hooks the rod to the door handle so it will open. Well that worked and everthing. So now the door opens but it will not lock now. See the door will lock when I lock the door but as soon as you lift up on the outside door handle or the inside. The lock unlocks itself so there is no way right now for me to lock the door. I read a post saying the lock aliment needs to be adjusted but I don't know how to fix the aliment. If anyone out there has any idea on how to fix the problem it I would love to get some feed back. Thanks!

I am assuming that you were able to get the panel off to get inside the door to replace the plastic thingie.

I suggest that you take the panel off the opposite door. Use the exposed working door as your reference and make sure you have everything invovled with the locking mechanism hooked up right on the unworking door.

steviej