Final Answer: How To Add Nav To '01 Rx

I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping that PIONEERSUBY sees this. I am also interested in a navigation kit for a 2002 RX300. tx_g33k@yahoo.com

Thanks!

PIONEERSUBY was last active on this forum on Aug 24 2014 so I doubt that he will see your request.

I doubt that an OEM navigation system from 2002 would be desirable since annual map updates for the generation 2/3 system were discontinued in 2013.

IMO, a portable GPS unit like a Garmin provides better navigation and Bluetooth hands free phone that even the newest Toyota/Lexus systems.

If you really want an in-dash nav, aftermarket is the way to go but it will cost far more than a portable Garmin.

I agree that an aftermarket solution would probably be better. The thing I can't get past is that this RX300 I just bought (2002, 65K miles and miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiint) is so pretty. I hate to sully it up with an aftermarket GPS. That being said, it might be my only choice.

• 6 years later...

My wife loves her 2003 Rx300.  No other new cars on the market can replace it. 

Is there a shop that can upgrade the car with today's bells and whistles in electronics, rear camera, navigation, etc?

Also need the heater fixed.   If there is a place, am sure we will only replace the engine eventually when it finally gives out.   No one makes a model similar enough for her to consider purchasing a new car.   

• 2 weeks later...
Lexus Owners Club
This post was recognized by Lexus Owners Club!

Merryfrankster was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 30 points.

I just did an install of a Metra kit on an RX300. This has the capability to include backup camera, navigation, and of course the climate control is also included. The deftails are in this video. We went with Metra because it is a known name in this space - not some AliBaba special. They produce similar kits for other Lexus vehicles with similar setup of climate control/navigation/stereo. 

• Like 2