Rx 300 Questions

tomb57

I recently purchased a 2000 RX300 and find a couple problems. 1. When turning on the air conditioner there is a smell. I've cleaned the air filter for the system, but no change. Any ideas. 2. There is a "belt" type of noise coming from the right side of the engine. It appears to be in the area of the timing belts, water pump, etc. 3. it appears the drivers door lock actuator is shot. It opens and closes manually but not electronically. Does anybody have the wiring info for the two plugs that hook up to the actuator. I'd like to apply 12 volts directly to the actuator to test it before I buy a new one. Thanks for any help.

I too experienced the lost of electronic control of the driver door lock. the procedure I have is to disconect the battery and reconnect and see if the problem goes away. If not the motor control solenoid in the drivers door is bad. I test it with 12 v and found it sluggish. I t was worn. You have to buy the entire motor solenoid assembly from Lexus. Part No 69040-48020 at $258. Sorry no cheap fix I tried and was not successful. The mechanism comes with all new cables and by the way the trick to find the last screw on the door is to carefully pop the switch assembly straight up without destroying the arm rest. the last screw is under the switch which is not easy to locate. Good luck by the way pin 1(yellow) and pin 2(red) go to the lock motor, pin 3 Green/red and pin 4 Green go to Door Unlock detection switch. Pin 5 Purple and pin 6 go to the Door Key lock and unlock switch. (note all of these for left drivers door)

The smell is most likely the result of mould and mildew microbes BREEDING inside the damp and dark A/C plenum area. In order to prevent this I leave the windows down in the garage each night so the system will dry out form the previous day's A/C operation. This procedure will also help to alleviate the instances of windshield fogging over on the inside on cool or cold mornings.

Go to airsept.com and see the writeup on their eed, electronic evaporator drier.