Plug Wire Resistance

redhawks2

according to the w/s manual the maximum resistance allowed is

25kohms per cord.

If they exceed this they should be replaced.

presumably new ones should be well below this but can not find the info in the

manual.

hope this might help......

You will definitely be interested in my tutorial on this: http://www.lexls.com/tuneup.html

As ROYT said, wires should read no more than 25 K Ohms. If you look at the end of my tutorial you'll see resistances compared. It's better if you have less resistance ;)

I would love to hear what your readings are...please list them as I have listed them in my tutorial.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Lexls for that write up! I belong to another forum for Ford Explorers but my dad owns a 92 LS 400 and every problem that can happen, has happened since he bought 3 years ago. Basically the only thing that hasnt been replaced is the tranny so this has definitely not been a reliable car by any means. My dad took his Lexus to the Wayzata dealership in the cities to find out it needed new cats because all the wires on the driverside shorted out causing damage to the cats but they wanted $3k for all that so we're doing everything ourselves.

Thanks again for the write-up, it will help a lot!

According to my electrical engineering knowledge, wires with less resistance are good for carrying high current. Less resistance, more current at same voltage. ;)

I would also like to take a moment to THANK LexLs for VERY useful instructions :)