Speed +

I recently picked up a new GS430, but miss the manual shift capabilty I had with a former '99 GS400. (there seems to be less power)

Are there some simple modifications that can be made to help me "get on the highway a little quicker?"

Do I discuss this with my local Lexus service department, or are there restrictions on what they can do?

I appreciate any advice given.

Regards,

RM5150

well, one u can get an intake , like say SRT with race ecu, that will help more. and also an exhaust's help is monimal like 1/2 a horsepower but its something and makes the car sound a lot better tha stock, other than that everything elso is pretty xpensive and money 2 install.. like a pulley or tc, mayb some members have more things that will help....

Well, the guys at Lexus won't be of any help... If you really want something to make your GS get up and go, invest in a Precision Industries Torque Converter... It'll run you just over $800. for the part and maybe around $500. for the install.. But it's something I can bet my life on that you'll thank me for... Also your Gs430 has the same HP as the 400 but you should have more torque with your 430...

I recently picked up a new GS430, but miss the manual shift capabilty I had with a former '99 GS400. (there seems to be less power)

Are there some simple modifications that can be made to help me "get on the highway a little quicker?"

Do I discuss this with my local Lexus service department, or are there restrictions on what they can do?

I appreciate any advice given.

Regards,

RM5150

Intake and exhaust. You may also want to do a torque converter upgrade. That itself will make a huge differance. If you want information on how it works go to the following link.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/torque-converter.htm

Along lines of the torque converter, will it help a Turbo gs 300? ;)

Any automatic tans. would beifit from an upgraed in the torque converter dpet. This is most ture when looking for better off the line reaction times...

Along lines of the torque converter, will it help a Turbo gs 300? ;)

Hell yes... I'm surprized that the guys at SRT didn't tell you to get one.. I know when I priced out my turbo from them they included the Torque Converter.. Oh BTW I just got mine in today... :D