Sc300 Stereo Installation Kit Availability?

Hi. Looking to upgrade to an aftermarket stereo. Called the local shop--they said that they only carry stock installation kits for the ES300 and IS300 Lexus vehicles, and not for the SC300/400. :angry: I checked some sites online and this is indeed true, along with the GS300/400 but I also noticed that the ES300 radio looks like the SC300 stereo from the pics on Ebay. Does this mean that we can use the ES300 kit in the SC300 so I don't have to pay an extra $125 for a custom cut kit? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers! :cheers:

Not sure if the other lexus speakers will work but assume they will. I just finished putting infinity speakers in my 92 SC 400. I know you can put pretty much any kind of speaker in the system as long as it is the right size. The front and rear speakers are 4", the tweeters are .75" and the sub is 10". Be sure to keep the connector from your factory speakers as this makes it easier to put aftermarket ones in. You can fit up to 6.5 in the rear with few mods. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, but what about the aftermarket head unit installation? I already also have some Infinity speakers and plan on getting a new 10" free air sub, but am having problems finding an installation kit that fills the void space from the stock stereo... Also not sure if it's true or not but local stereo shop says that our stereos might be running off of 1 or 2 ohms from the factory amp, and that might present a problem so be careful! :blink:

Hey I emailed Ms. Emerald at that website you mentioned hoping for a response. How did everyone else install their aftermarket head units? Paid for custom DIN size or? Also, couldn't find the auction for the custom SC300 DIN on Ebay. Wanted to take a look at the kit..do you have the URL? Thanks again! :)