Red Line Oil Products

pierce1

I recently had my oil changed with Red Line Synthetic Oil 5W 30. I have noticed my car does not run as quite as it did when I purchased my 1992 LS 400 with 72.000 miles in September of 2001 and now it has 84,000 miles. I don't know what kind of oil was used before I bought the car but it was clean and still is. I was just wondering if anyone has used the Red Line Oil products and what performance they have received. The service rep. at the import center where I had the car tuned up and oil changed said I could go 7,500 miles before another oil change with Red Line Oil.

I was wondering if changing to a higher weight oil would make my engine as quite as it was when I bought it with 72,000 miles. The engine clicking is very noticeable. Any suggestions. I also used the Red Line fuel treatment for the injectors but made no difference.

Thanks for all the great information I have received from everyone on this forum. It is very helpful, especially when you go to a repair shop.

Also is there any site where you can just by one wheel instead of a pair. I have one that is bent.

the clicking is the valves which you probably already know

they need to get shims in them to get them back to spec

a higher weght would help i personally would on ly use 5 w 30 on a new car for the first 3-5 years or 100 000 miles after that a 10w or 15 w would be more benificial

for etra tolerances

redline is a very good oil but unless you have a ahigh performance car wiht a turbo or supercharer not much benefit per cost of the oil itself

the rims usually can be bought from wheel and tire dealers as i know i can get aftermarket lexus rims in exact spec much cheaper than oem ones

also try ebay

and junk yards they usually list across the country of all the parts and ship them in

I recently had my oil changed with Red Line Synthetic Oil 5W 30. I have noticed my car does not run as quite as it did when I purchased my 1992 LS 400 with 72.000 miles in September of 2001 and now it has 84,000 miles. I don't know what kind of oil was used before I bought the car but it was clean and still is. I was just wondering if anyone has used the Red Line Oil products and what performance they have received. The service rep. at the import center where I had the car tuned up and oil changed said I could go 7,500 miles before another oil change with Red Line Oil.

I was wondering if changing to a higher weight oil would make my engine as quite as it was when I bought it with 72,000 miles. The engine clicking is very noticeable. Any suggestions. I also used the Red Line fuel treatment for the injectors but made no difference.

Thanks for all the great information I have received from everyone on this forum. It is very helpful, especially when you go to a repair shop.

Also is there any site where you can just by one wheel instead of a pair. I have one that is bent.

Why Synthetics Are Better

First of all, the performance of Mobil 1 with SuperSynEis more robust, especially in terms of low-temperature pumping and flow. High-temperature stability and protection against deposits are also superior. These attributes translate directly into less engine wear and longer engine life.

Historically, conventional oils lack the performance of synthetic oils in the areas of low-temperature performance and high-temperature oxidation stability. Conventional oils also contain much greater amounts of impurities, such as sulphur, reactive and unstable hydrocarbons, and other undesirable contaminants that cannot be completely removed by conventional refining of crude oils.

Synthetic motor oils are designed to perform even under severe conditions, such as very cold starting temperatures, extreme high-temperature operations and high-load conditions.

Mobil 1® with SuperSynEprovides significant advantages over conventional motor oils, including:

Superior protection under heavy engine loads/stresses, such as hauling and towing.

Minimizing oil degradation.

Faster lubrication at start-up in low temperatures.

Superior protection at high temperatures.

Superior resistance to thermal breakdown.

Greater resistance to oil oxidation (thickening).

Synthetic motor oils can be used in vehicles other then turbo/ supercharger applications. The above is a statement that goes out to all Mobil 1 tech and is even on the website. Synthetic motor oils are soley designed hieh performance vehicles. A quick web search will give anyone all the information above. As far as Red Line oil. Great product. Below are soem links to Mobil 1, Red line and Royal Pirple. Great sites for information...Hope this helps..

Mobil 1

http://www.mobil1.com/index.jsp

Red Line

http://www.redlineoil.com/whyredline.htm

Royal Purple

http://www.synerlec.com/

ahh i remember that one, matt...

wow that was long... :)

RedLine is a good oil from what i've heard

and since you've got a high mileage car, synthetic would be the best way to go.

Actually Kevin not so much. A lot of times synthetic oils when added to a high mileage car that has always had dino oil can start leaks, as the oil chips away at baked on gunk that is hiding small leaks.