Gx470 Brake Leak?

denslexusgx470

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

How is the brake fluid level in the reservoir? If it hasn't gone down, then that's probably not what's leaking. Have you noticed a foul stinch in the wheel well after driving? If so, it is probably the axle seal leaking differential fluid. I know because the same thing happened just recently on my 2001 Sequoia. The dealership fixed the seal, replaced both rear brake pads and turned both rear rotors, all covered under the 60K/5 year powertrain warranty. Best of luck.

How is the brake fluid level in the reservoir?  If it hasn't gone down, then that's probably not what's leaking.  Have you noticed a foul stinch in the wheel well after driving?  If so, it is probably the axle seal leaking differential fluid.  I know because the same thing happened just recently on my 2001 Sequoia.  The dealership fixed the seal, replaced both rear brake pads and turned both rear rotors, all covered under the 60K/5 year powertrain warranty.  Best of luck.

Thanks for the info, but my dealer fixed it already. i duno what the prob was, but it also made my handbrake not release fully sometimes. <_<

• 3 weeks later...
oh man!  :chairshot:  :chairshot:  my gx is back in da shop, not for the clunk (didn't feel like getting that done yet) but for 2 rear brake leaks in the axle!  :cries:

hello, my brakes do not feel good, but the dealer states that its normal, nothing wrong, but i feel somethin is wrong...air leak maybe...

is there a recall or alert on this issue?

oh man! :chairshot: :chairshot:  my gx is back in da shop, not for the clunk (didn't feel like getting that done yet) but for 2 rear brake leaks in the axle! :cries:

hello, my brakes do not feel good, but the dealer states that its normal, nothing wrong, but i feel somethin is wrong...air leak maybe...

is there a recall or alert on this issue?

do u smell anything from them???

No, not really, i have not smelled anything....

i also realized that i must firmly (really firmly) hold down the brake when changing gears from reverse to drive to stop a loud noise, a screechy high pitch metal grinding squeeky noise....hard to put in words!

No, not really, i have not smelled anything....

i also realized that i must firmly (really firmly) hold down the brake when changing gears from reverse to drive to stop a loud noise, a screechy high pitch metal grinding squeeky noise....hard to put in words!

Wow, you have a problem. Have you had someone at the dealership listen to this sound while changing gears? I can tell you it's not normal for sure.