Brakes

:( Hello; This my first to post. I came accross this forum in need of much needed info. I have a 99 GS300 that I put Brembo d/s rotors with Axxis Ultimate pads front & back. The car sounds terrible, from squeal at stopping to grinding when the car is rolling. I tried to watch to make my install was properly, but from reading throught all topics would a anti-squeal compound help. Glad I found this site, and thanks for any help.

You have learned a valuable lesson. Slotted = noise. Drilled is ok, but slotted is a joke. Just my personal opinion. No arguments please.

Hello again; I put a little anti-squeal on the front pads drove it around and now it is great no noise, stops on dime. this brake setup in my opion is the way to go, "no joke", and they look excellent with the black calipers. Now I have the brakes to go along with the chrome 20"s and this black 99 looks and drives GREAT. Getting it lowered with Eibach coils next week,can not wait to see and test the out come.

I am new to this forum, to let you now a little about me, I bought my GS new in 1999 it has just over 40k. I have owned a 93 GS & 95 ES and I absolutely love these cars,WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER MAKE. :D

I like my slotted rotors,but they can be noisy if not made properly.

They need to have a chamfered or beveled edge and are much better when it is a large curveed slot rather than a straight one.This way the pad isn;t jammed directly into the slot when it sweeps .

Another thing to check that a lot of shops miss is that a lot of rotor machining equipment leaves the rotor with a dirrectional finish, which causes the pad to form a spiral like scoring, and each time the brake is applied the pads slide up as if you were tightening a screw, and then have to release to slide back down, which causes pulsation during braking. All you have to do is by hand take sand paper and leave a nondirectional finish by rubbing it in ovals, sort of like buffing a car.

just an easy tip that can save you a lot of hastle in the long run :)