Weight W/ 3rd Row

rydercup

I am ready to get an '04, but just found out today that it does not qualify for the deduction, which is a deal breaker for me.

But here's the question I haven't found an answer to (and haven't asked the dealer yet)- Does the addition of the third row seats as an option put the vehicle above the 6,000 lb. level.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Thanks for the quick reply. It is for the business use SUV deduction. It has to be over 6,000 lb, which is why there are alot of dealer buy-backs out there... because being right at 6,000 doesn't cut it (according to my information from a guy who buys and sells Lexus and other high end rides). When they did the "recall" and restickered the weight from 6,100 to 6,000, people gave them back.

this link is a year old, but in case you find it of interest...

http://www.kiplinger.com/features/archives...sub_department=

So, I'm hoping that the seats add enough pounds to be over.

can you tell I really want this truck?

Thanks again.

As I understand it, this vehicle does qualify for that category. And it is based on the GVW, which adding options will not change. There was an issue for the 2003 being changed to the 5700 or something like that (and the recall for that misprint) from 6000 which annoyed quite a few people, understandably.