Lexus 2004 Dvd Navigation Update

stuartr

Weird. This has me wondering if there are two sets of DVDs, one for previous models (01-03) and one for the new updated nav system (04+). If thats the case then you may have the wrong update disk and thats why it won't read.

I wondered that as well. I'm going to call my dealer (again) and let him know that the second 4.1 DVD he sent me failed to load on a NAV system running 3.1

Weird. This has me wondering if there are two sets of DVDs, one for previous models (01-03) and one for the new updated nav system (04+). If thats the case then you may have the wrong update disk and thats why it won't read.

I wondered that as well. I'm going to call my dealer (again) and let him know that the second 4.1 DVD he sent me failed to load on a NAV system running 3.1

Just got off the phone with the local Lexus dealer who has researched the NAV update issue. Your supposition was correct, BTW. The current 4.1 DVD update is only for the generation III Nav systems (pre-2004 vehicles I think). There isn't an update for the generation IV Nav systems as of yet, although they are working on one. Most of the update information in the 4.1 DVD is already present in the gen. IV Nav systems. According to the dealer, this means that the current DVD won't work in 2004 ES, LS or RX vehicles. (That would explain why neither of the copies they sent me loaded!). I guess this will teach me to be "first in line". :blushing:

Just got off the phone with the local Lexus dealer who has researched the NAV update issue. Your supposition was correct, BTW. The current 4.1 DVD update is only for the generation III Nav systems (pre-2004 vehicles I think). There isn't an update for the generation IV Nav systems as of yet, although they are working on one. Most of the update information in the 4.1 DVD is already present in the gen. IV Nav systems. According to the dealer, this means that the current DVD won't work in 2004 ES, LS or RX vehicles. (That would explain why neither of the copies they sent me loaded!). I guess this will teach me to be "first in line".:blushing:

I have an 04 ES and I'm having the same problem. I took it to the dealer this morning and they just called me giving me the same information. :cries:

OKAY - did this yesterday. Took me 15 mintues to find the damn DVD player but once found it was a 5 minute job and about 3 minutes to load the new software. It is on the righ side of the trunk next to the spare tire. I have a 2001 LS430 so this updated by (original) system software and the map. I noticed a couple of new features like the day/nigh reverse color option.

I paid $258 with tax at the local dealer. $100 to install is lauaghable - they should do it for free if you buy the disk.

• 3 weeks later...
OKAY - did this yesterday.  Took me 15 mintues to find the damn DVD player but once found it was a 5 minute job and about 3 minutes to load the new software.  It is on the righ side of the trunk next to the spare tire.  I have a 2001 LS430 so this updated by (original) system software and the map.  I noticed a couple of new features like the day/nigh reverse color option.

I paid $258 with tax at the local dealer.  $100 to install is lauaghable - they should do it for free if you buy the disk.

Just to make sure... I have a 2001 LS430, will the NAV DVD work in it or not, Thanks

Fred

Did the dealer give you any time frame for the gen 4 2004 update?

Just got off the phone with the local Lexus dealer who has researched the NAV update issue. Your supposition was correct, BTW. The current 4.1 DVD update is only for the generation III Nav systems (pre-2004 vehicles I think). There isn't an update for the generation IV Nav systems as of yet, although they are working on one. Most of the update information in the 4.1 DVD is already present in the gen. IV Nav systems. According to the dealer, this means that the current DVD won't work in 2004 ES, LS or RX vehicles. (That would explain why neither of the copies they sent me loaded!). I guess this will teach me to be "first in line".:blushing:

• 3 weeks later...

Did the dealer give you any time frame for the gen 4 2004 update?

Nope...sorry. All they told me was that "they were working on one".