Just purchased L/Certified 2019 RX350. One thing driving me nuts is trying to change the location "current weather" under "menu-info-weather" which defaults to a town in Pa nowhere near me.  The RX was a dealer vehicle and originally titled in Pa.

My maps are current and my phone with location on is paired.  Deleted prior personal data, unplugged battery, nothing works.

I have also changed to other local locations but hey are only local to the first town in Pa, not to where my car was actually traveling in Md.  After I shut off & restart the current location goes back to the default in Pa. There was one instance when it somehow found my home town in Md, but after shutdown & restart, went back to the Pa location.

I asked the dealer and they had no clue...

Any theories?

IMG_0332.jpeg

IMG_0335.jpeg

I saw the other comment on Reddit about searching pg. 486 of the General Lexus Manual for a 2019 Lexus RX.  My family owns a newer RX, and this has similar features. I suspect that the setting for default city is tied to the home location that is set up in the Navigation System.

I took a quick peek at the 2019 Lexus RX Navigation & Multimedia Systems Manual.  The Lexus manuals are free to download for Lexus models at:

https://www.lexus.com/drivers/resources

In the Nav & MMedia manual, it starts on pg. 22 to setting up your home location, then refers to pg. 91 and pg. 121 to set the Home Location.

Pg. 121 has the best applicable instructions, under the Title: SETTING UP HOME.

1. Goto to Navigation Settings

2. Select HOME

3. Select one of 3 choices to set your Home Location:

[1] REGISTERING HOME - Select to Register Home.

[2] EDITING HOME - Select to Edit Home.

[3] DELETING HOME - Select to Delete Home.

If I had the same problem, I would try and DELETE HOME first, the do the REGISTER HOME next.  Heck, I would even do the EDIT HOME to see if what I registered was correct.

I suspect the HOME LOCATION is tied to the default location in WEATHER.  Wouldn’t hurt to try, because this is a lot easier than taking battery power off and then restoring it (which has not worked, already).

Best of Luck!  Let us know how it goes..

6 minutes ago, AlaNgo said:

I saw the other comment on Reddit about searching pg. 486 of the General Lexus Manual for a 2019 Lexus RX.  My family owns a newer RX, and this has similar features. I suspect that the setting for default city is tied to the home location that is set up in the Navigation System.

I took a quick peek at the 2019 Lexus RX Navigation & Multimedia Systems Manual.  The Lexus manuals are free to download for Lexus models at:

https://www.lexus.com/drivers/resources

In the Nav & MMedia manual, it starts on pg. 22 to setting up your home location, then refers to pg. 91 and pg. 121 to set the Home Location.

Pg. 121 has the best applicable instructions, under the Title: SETTING UP HOME.

1. Goto to Navigation Settings

2. Select HOME

3. Select one of 3 choices to set your Home Location:

[1] REGISTERING HOME - Select to Register Home.

[2] EDITING HOME - Select to Edit Home.

[3] DELETING HOME - Select to Delete Home.

If I had the same problem, I would try and DELETE HOME first, the do the REGISTER HOME next.  Heck, I would even do the EDIT HOME to see if what I registered was correct.

I suspect the HOME LOCATION is tied to the default location in WEATHER.  Wouldn’t hurt to try, because this is a lot easier than taking battery power off and then restoring it (which has not worked, already).

Best of Luck!  Let us know how it goes..

Here’s Pg. 121 of the 2019 Lexus RX, Navigation & Multimedia Systems Manual:

6BA34E6C-ABBF-4B45-A40D-1B5AA7807D43.jpeg

Thanks for trying, but I already registered my home (Havre de Grace, Md) and the weather info still defaults to Kennett Square, Pa as the "current location."  

I was the original poster on the Reddit thread and actually had included a screen shot of the my manual so the responder suggesting I check my manual did not make sense.

I have all of the manuals and have searched them for answers...that is why I am posting in this forum. It's not a big deal but it annoys me that the software does not function the way it should (OS & Nav software are current).