Reprogramming the keyless remote

Biaggi

:?:  

Does anyone know the sequence of instructions on how to reprogram a keyless remote fob?  I have a 1996 LX450 and just bought a remote off of Ebay.

Thanks,

:P

I just found out out to do it! it took 2 minutes. There is a small black box under the driver seat that controls the anti-theft device. There is a manual reset button and you have to use the master key on ON and then reset the green button. Then the alarm resets itself and unlocks and locks the doors and flashes the parking lights. At that moment hit the first button on the FOB and whalllah...you in like Flynn....

It was a !Removed! attemtping to decipher the correct repogrogram method like inserting the key to the off to on position 8 times to reset the ECU- similar to how Nissans reprogram their fobs. Needless to say it didn't work for the Lexus.

Moral of the story: There is always a way to do things, it just takes finding the solution.

• 11 months later...

Hi, I have 96 LX450. Following your post, I did find a black box under the driver seat of my vehicle, however I have looked all around but can't find the green reset button. Could you tell me which side of the box the button locates? Thanks.

This is the programming sequence for a 1995 SC300 / SC400 I don't guarantee it will work, but it might be worth a try.

Using the original Master key

Open driver door, keep it open and in the unlocked position

Put original key in ignition and pull out

Lock and Unlock the doors 5 times

Close the door and open the door

Lock and Unlock the doors another 5 times

Put the Master Key in the ignition, turn it on and then off and remove from

the ignition

You should hear a confirmation beep within 10 seconds and the door locks

should actuate

Push the button on the new key

Close the door and open the door

Push the button again on the new key

Marty

• 2 months later...

Thanks Biaggi for the very useful information. I was able to purchase and program the remote for my car.

WXM, the little button is located behind a black tie wrap that is used to secure the little black box. Use a needle plier in order to loosen the tie wrap.

• 2 years later...
:?:  

Does anyone know the sequence of instructions on how to reprogram a keyless remote fob?  I have a 1996 LX450 and just bought a remote off of Ebay.

Thanks,

:P

I just found out out to do it! it took 2 minutes. There is a small black box under the driver seat that controls the anti-theft device. There is a manual reset button and you have to use the master key on ON and then reset the green button. Then the alarm resets itself and unlocks and locks the doors and flashes the parking lights. At that moment hit the first button on the FOB and whalllah...you in like Flynn....

It was a !Removed! attemtping to decipher the correct repogrogram method like inserting the key to the off to on position 8 times to reset the ECU- similar to how Nissans reprogram their fobs. Needless to say it didn't work for the Lexus.

Moral of the story: There is always a way to do things, it just takes finding the solution.

These instructions worked great for me. Thanks. This site is great.

• 4 years later...

I bought a Remocon remote and am trying to program it, but it doesn't work. When I press the green button, the security light goes solid red for about three seconds, and then starts blinking, and no matter when I press the first button on the remote, it won't program. The master key is on "on". Is there anything I am doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I have a 1996 SC400 and I just replaced the door actuator now when I close the door and lock the doors, car start bipping like the door is open and interior light stay on, any idea how can I get it to stop. may be door sensor built in has a solution.

Kevin