My New Ls430 Wheels

GOLDPLATER

They were supposed to fit right out of the box, but the wheel dealer soon found out that this was going to be a custom fitment like never seen before. It came down to the dealer using a spacer, special lug nuts, and sending the wheels to a machine shop to special drill out the wheel holes to accomodate the special lug nuts. This was all necessary due to the large front calipers on the car and the short OEM lugs. I have posted the pics in the LS430 gallery to allow for better viewing. <_<

John

ls430front1.thumb.jpg

ls430rear1.thumb.jpg

ls430rear2.thumb.jpg

ls430side1.thumb.jpg

ls430wheel1.thumb.jpg

I too had to use the spacer and special lugs on my LS400. When all of the steps had been completed, it was then I learned the difference between lug centric and hub centric wheels. The aftermarket wheels were lug centric and I always felt like I had at least 1 or more wheels out of balance. I know the balance was accurate, I just couldn't seem to get the wheel exactly centered on the lugs. Do you have this problem?

I haven't noticed any unusual ride degradation yet. I had the wheels rotated by the dealership but the tech didn't make any trouble remarks about the new wheels. When the wheel holes were drilled for the special lug nuts, the holes were conically drilled to accept the conical lug nuts, so i am assuming they are fitting correctly. I just can't say for sure. I took the wheel center cover off and looked at the center hub and it looks true around the wheel.

John

why is it evil??? i luv ebay, you can find some awesome deals on there......thats where i got my wheels for a great price....you just have to be careful thats all.

don't be scared......lol :P

i don't know if i've seen your stock wheels period..........but i mean they always have LS430 wheels listed on ebay........ you can find them anywhere from 400 up to 800 dollars a set respectfully.

why is it evil??? i luv ebay, you can find some awesome deals on there......thats where i got my wheels for a great price....you just have to be careful thats all.

don't be scared......lol :P

i don't know if i've seen your stock wheels period..........but i mean they always have LS430 wheels listed on ebay........ you can find them anywhere from 400 up to 800 dollars a set respectfully.

I and several of my fellow diecast car collectors have had various bad experiences with the BAY so we dubbed it evilbay. Guess that's all i better say about that on this board.

I guess $100 a wheel is a pretty good price. My real dilemma is that i am not certain what i will do with the chrome wheels i just bought when it comes time to get a new car in a few years.

John

yeah with that being said, maybe you should just keep them in storage, so when it does come time to sell the car it will be 100% stock, and bring a higher price.....and maybe you could offer the chrome wheels as an extra or something.

just offering ideas to a fellow member thats all, take it with a grain of salt :D

yeah with that being said, maybe you should just keep them in storage, so when it does come time to sell the car it will be 100% stock, and bring a higher price.....and maybe you could offer the chrome wheels as an extra or something.

just offering ideas to a fellow member thats all, take it with a grain of salt :D

Good idea Silver!!!

:cheers: