P0504 after replacing brake switch, what to test next?

Hey, long time reader, first time poster here.   Thanks for all the helpful advice so far!  Apologies if this is answered somewhere else, there seem to be a lot of similar cases, but I couldn't find exactly my situation.

I've got a '04 RX330 with the brake lights, VSC, tire pressure, etc...  on the dash.  I went ahead and replaced the brake light switch and the lights went away for about a day, and then they came back.  I then replaced it again with a different switch, and again, the lights went away for a day and came back.   (I tried both the bigger blue switch and the smaller white switch)

Both times, I pulled a P0504 code over OBD2 and I cleared it both times.  Both times that code came back.   

Other diagnostics:

• I tested both switches with my multimeter, they both seem fine
  • I measured 12V, (well, 11.7V) across the plug when the key is in the ON position.   
  • I've also tested all my fuses in the box underneath the steering wheel.  
  • The car operates totally fine, it runs.
  • The brake lights turn on as expected (all bulbs are working).

Does anyone have any ideas of what else it could be, or what I may need to replace?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, James.

This is also recommended:

• Repairing or replacing wiring harness or connectors that leads to the brake switch or circuit

Sometimes vibration will cause a wire/connector electrical connection to be intermittent.

Okay, that sounds like a good idea.

I assume that there is some ECU that is reading the switch position, and the fault could be inside that component.  Do you happen to know what/where that component is?