Exterior Autodetailing Costs?

lex

I have a lot of small paint chips on the front of the hood and minor scratches all over the car from all the years on the road. Will auto detail places be able to remove all of these without a whole new paint job? I've tried using clearcoat safe rubbing compound as much as possible but theres still alot of scratches visible. What is a reasonable cost for this sort of detailing?

high speed buffing ( make sure it is high speed, some places call waxing buffing )should take out the scratches if they are not too deep ( most detailing centers will look at it for you and can tell if they will be able to get them out) but as for the paint chips those will need to be painted. most places will high speed buff and wax for about $ 70- $80.

as far as i know you wont be able to get a clear coat look, you will always be able to tell it is touch up paint, the only way to get it clear coat looking is to re-paint the front, but it will probably do it all over again so i wouldnt spend the money on repainting it