Jdm Aristo Question

Greetings. I'm a newbie and I have a couple questions concerning a RHD '94 Aristo JZS147 that I just got from Japan.

It came in the other day from Japan and I'm wondering what everyone thinks about the JZS147 VS. the JZS161. I was debating between them, but I ended up getting the older one. It has the 2JZGTE engine and auto trans, so it should be pretty fast.

Do you think I should've gotten the newer one? I got mine for $7500. What do you think?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Terence

Greetings. I'm a newbie and I have a couple questions concerning a RHD '94 Aristo JZS147 that I just got from Japan.

It came in the other day from Japan and I'm wondering what everyone thinks about the JZS147 VS. the JZS161. I was debating between them, but I ended up getting the older one. It has the 2JZGTE engine and auto trans, so it should be pretty fast.

Do you think I should've gotten the newer one? I got mine for $7500. What do you think?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Terence

I just noticed that you're from california. Brak just brought it to my attention to as you how you got your car passed the DOT inspection at customs let alone having it imported? In order for you to possibly bring that down is if you have a letter from toyota of japan stating that this car is equal to the lexus gs300. I know this because I wanted to import one myself and did all the research. I contacted the company and I was denied the letter because the aristo did not conform to u.s. specs. So tell me how you got it... Pictures of letters and car and information, customs paperwork would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I've attached a pic of the Aristo. As you can see, it got scratched on the side and a little on the roof during freight, but I guess that's something that couldn't be helped. Oh well <_< It didn't come with wheels either, so I got very temporary wheels from the junkyard.

It was imported will little hassle through a couple "trade secrets", that I'd rather dicuss in private, but I have no problem sharing. RHD is not illegal at all; you just have to know how to go about handling the paperwork.

In actuality, it's already been proven by a registered importer that the import models are equivalent in safety with the US spec GS300, providing you have airbags. That information can be had online. I'm surprised you were denied a letter from Toyota, though they probably just didn't want to take the time to help you or take responsibilty for anything if you got in a severe accident or something.

If you have any questions about it, call me @ work (310) 219-0250.

Terence

post-1-1095118186.jpg

Thanks for the pic! It does look a little banged up, but with the turbo and all inside, you should be blowing by many riders of the LA freeways! Show a pic of the motor etc when you get a chance. I have an Aristo front strut brace on mine.

Good luck!