Newby Needs Tire Help

I have a 1995 LS400 and I need new tires. Wonderring what other Lexus owners have purchased when a quiet ride was the number one concern. Also, I had to have my windshield replaced and it seems as if the road noise is now a bit louder. Anybody ever experienced this? Thanks! Patricia

I have a 1995 LS400 and I need new tires. Wonderring what other Lexus owners have purchased when a quiet ride was the number one concern. Also, I had to have my windshield replaced and it seems as if the road noise is now a bit louder. Anybody ever experienced this? Thanks! Patricia

Patricia,

I have the Toyo's Proxes T1-S on my both of my cars. I have had other makes of tires but i fell in love with the Toyos. Here is a link to the Toyo web site.

http://www.toyo.com/tires/index_frame.html

• 1 year later...

You should check tirerack.com as they have rated tires for dry and wet performance as well as ride comfort and quietness. I would not make a decision mostly based on how quiet a tire is as wet handling etc is more important. Go check out the website and fill out the questonaire for the type of car and driving you do and you can compare several tires and reviews.

I'm a huge fan of Toyo tires as well.....tirerack does not offer them which is too bad. However, depending on the type of driving & where one lives can narrow down the kind of tire you purchase (an ultra high performance tire vs. say a performance touring tire which will give you more treadlife & generally speaking a quieter ride). I suggest the Toyo Proxes T P T's which have been fantastic on my 01 ES. Have a look at the Toyo website & check the sizes available. They will most likely be cheaper in price as well.

:cheers: