Supa Turbo Brakes Upgrade

silkoccy

Are you talking both fronts and rear? The fronts will bolt on. The rear will not and will need custom brackets to be made.

Now, the big problem is whether or not your wheels will clear. If you have OEM wheels, then the answer would be a No.

Fitment - 20s will clear the rotor size. The big clearance though is the calipers. What you need to find out is if your front wheels are high disk. Then the shape of the spokes come into play and lastly, to a certain extent, the offset can be a factor.

As for the bracket, I do not know of anyone who has done it on their own. I'm not implying it is not out there, I just don't know. There is a Japanese company named Night-Pager that has done the R&D to build a bolt on rear TT setup but it comes at the price of about $1k. Pretty steep. The problem is that the bolts on the suspension knuckle is in a different position than the holes on the caliper. You'd have to get a bracket made to attach the two pieces. There is also some machining of the calipers to make them fit right.

Before you start asking me for details on the bracket, I have not done this mod so I don't have much more details than this and definitely no measurements. I've only read about it from forums and the translated Japanese website.

Here's the Night-Pager website if you want to do more research. Remember it is in Japanese, so unlss you can read Japanese or know someone who does, you'll need something like babelfish.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...