Run-off From Rubber Molding Around Windows

acf

Since this is still the best detailing forum on the net, I'm gonna post here about my Land Cruiser. :P

Never seen this problem before but I can't figure out a good way to take care of this.

When it rains, I get black "dirt streaks" running down all sides of the truck and they are a beeatch to get off. If I scrub real hard with a QD or the like I can almost remove them but its not practical to do this often. However, the biggest problem seems to be that the PO didn't address this issue much because the entire hood is covered with this dirt or grime or whatever and has combined with some water spotting to really cause a problem.

Claying doesn't remove it as its not "bonded". Ispropyl alcohol works a little bit but not well enough. I washed it today and as usual the car wash doesn't touch it. I then tried Meguiar's cleaner wax and this helped a little better as I applied it. I noticed if I accidentally wiped my wax applicator over the rubber pieces it streaked black on the cloth and paint.

Seems I need to get a little more "abrasive" to get this stuff off. Any suggestions? Some type of "paint cleaner" before waxing? If so, what?

If pics are needed I can get 'em tomorrow.

Thanx dudes. :cheers:

I'm a little confused. What is bleeding that cleaning them will fix? Also, you say to clean with soap and water but isn't that what washing the car basically does? Or are you saying scrub the "seals" (outside of windows) with a cloth with more direct pressure? Thanks.

I am saying just that, when you wash the car next time , get a old rag and sit there and rub the selas real good and keep washing and rinsing them to remove the dry dead layer of rubber on the top of them, then treat the new exfoliated rubber when finished.