vibration/ shutter around 40 mph

Hey guys i hope all is well, I have a 2007 Ls460L with 132,000 miles and i've been experiencing a heavy vibration/ shutter around 40 mph and it gets worse and worse in stop and go traffic but goes away for the most part at highway speeds (No check engine light). I recently took it to my mechanic and he changed my spark plugs hoping it would solve the problem and it was unsuccessful. I also had the tcu software updated through the lexus dealership and it did'nt resolve the issue either. Ive taken the car to 3 different autoshops and they cant seem to diagnose the issue with out wasting my money hoping it resolves the issue. I also recently just found out i have a coolant leak (i'm not sure if it has to do with the vibration issue) I hope someone can help

There was a big discussion about a similar issue, but apparently it was AWD LS460s. The TSB on page two starts with model year 2012, I believe.

• 5 weeks later...

I would check your driveshaft. U-Joints will do that when they get dry and failing. Also the LS460 has a two piece driveshaft with a carrier midway. The carrier bearing will also cause this symptom when its failing. Do remember that you cant feel this by hand. They will be tight not loose. You will have to remove the shaft from the differential and go from there. If this is the case then I would recommend replacing all of them while you have the driveshaft out. You may be able to feel the carrier movement without removal of driveshaft. If it moves up and down and/or sideways, then its bad.

I have a 2009 Ls 460 and I am hearinng vibrations at lows speeds. Thedealer said that I need lower and upper front Tyroids replaced. I f I buy the parts Is it possible to find shops that would  install them in the Houston area?

• 1 month later...