Homelink Installed In Visor

sunman

I went to the dealer to ask the price of a new visor with homelink. He quoted me around 600. After I collected myself, I left and went to the internet. I searched Ebay. No one has a homelink visor for the ES. So next, I searched for just "homelink" bingo! I found a visor off a Jaguar 2001 model with the homelink buttons on it. I purchased it for 30 bucks. I got it today and ripped the visor apart and took out the homelink part. It is really slim and has just 2 wires on it. It can program 3 buttons. If you purchase one, make sure it is off a car later than 2000. Before 2000, most homelink transmitters did not have the rolling code technology found in most garage door openers. Well, After that, I gently took my visor apart without damaging the fabric. Removed the mirror first. I unwrapped the fabric on the left side where the transmitter was to be installed. I mounted it in the same location as the factory. I used a blade to cut the foam. Mounted it firmly in there so it won't move. It is very snug in there. soldiered the 2 wires onto the mirror wires. That's it. Works perfectly. Programmed 2 remotes and they work fine. I will take pics later to show. Looks totally stock. Can't tell that it was retrofitted later.