Rx330 - Navigation System

ky1980

The background light on my LCD screen is in Day Mode and all of a sudden it got orangish looking. I tried increasing the brightness, but that didn't help.

Anyone know what's going on with the LCD Screen. The car is only 3 months old (2004).

Thanks!

Go into the setup menu and look at the map color. The Lexus nav screen can be set to an "AUTO" background color that changes depending on the season. Mine just changed the other day, I have a feeling this is probably it. You can also chose any one of the 4 season colors to be displayed all the time, or a default white.

You said you had it in daytime mode, so this might not be it. With mine with the headlights set to AUTO when I go through an area (in the early morning) with a lot of trees overhead or a bridge, etc. the headlights will come on and the screen will change colors. I had went in and changed the day and night colors for the display and the only way I know the headlights have turned on is that the display color will change. If that's what's happening to you then you can go into the setup and change the color to whatever you like.

My 2004 changed to the same thing on the 31st, too. I went in and changed it back to white.

I was wondering why.. Now I know :) Seasons? interesting.

Mike

:) Thanks, that's probably it !!

I'll mess around with the setup tonight. Mine changed on the 31st too.

Seasons, who knew !!