Need Good Price On Fuel Pump Ecu 92 Sc400

MARURI

Thank you everyone for all the good information I found on FUEL PUMP ECU. I found great info on the problem I am having with my 92 SC400. Engine stalls and then dies when it is hot.

I found that someone had similar issues and that the problem was the Fuel Pump ECU. To check it, we followed instructions found on the following link.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...l=fuel+pump+ecu

Does anyone know where I can get a good price for this part?

The best price I found was $200, is this good?

Also looking to replace the Fuel Pump itself. The ECU took care of the engine starting up every time, however, the car is still stalling when fuel is close to empty.

I filled it up with Premium Unleaded gas and it stopped stalling. I'm thinking it could be the Fuel Pump too and the ECU. Want to replace both.

Anyone know of a good place that gives a good price?

Any other suggestions? :huh::huh: :P :huh::huh:

if your getting a new pump then you can just bypass the ecu so the pump runs at 100% all the time. supra guys do this to eliminate the risk of leaning out. the ecu was ment to prolong the life of the pump by varying its speed. but with a new pump even if it runs at 100% it will still last a long time and its cheaper ;) unless your going to keep your car for another 12 years.

Thanks for the info. I thought I had to replace both the pump and ECU.

The ECU keeps the car running. It doesn't shut off on me when we checked the ECU. But then the car stalls as I'm driving, I thought that was the pump.

I'm confused.

I was going to purchase both.

I guess I'll try the pump first, as you suggested. If that doesn't do it, then I'll replace the ECU as I originally thought I had to do.

:unsure::unsure::unsure: :(

• 3 years later...
Yes, the fuel pump ecu.

So, let me get this right. If I replace the fuel pump, I don't have to replace the fuel pump ecu?

just fyi I got my pump for my 93 sc400 from car quest for 68 bucks it took a total of 45 mins to put it in myself in the driveway pretty straigt forward and easy to do . make sure you have less then half a tank of gas and try not to smoke while doing it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
I called Carquest & they said they don't sell Fuel pump ecu's. Which I just realized you said pump not ecu. :)

i have the same problem ,, when it acts up i jumped fp and b+ and it runs fine ,, has anyone just left the jumper in place at all times ,, just need to know ,, or should i just find a fuel pump ecu