Ls430 Techie Stuff?

MBrown1003

After several weeks of car-shopping with a dear friend, she bought an LS430 last weekend. The dealer promises to deliver it on Friday.

My friend originally asked me to shop with her because she claimed not to be at all into cars, and I'm a complete car nut. (My two cars are a 2003 VW GTI GLX and a 2002 BMW M5.)

My friend, however, has become a well-informed enthusiast after driving quite an array of cars: Volvo S80, SAAB 9-5, Maxima, Toyota Avalon, Cadillac CTS, Infiniti I35. Once she drove the LS430, there wasn't another car that was even close. (To be fair, the prices weren't even close, either.)

ANYWAY....she's getting ready to take delivery, and I'm starting to get curious about the car. I know all kinds of weird techie stuff about my own cars, but I don't know much about the LS. Any suggestions for places where I can find out these kinds of arcane details?

Funny enough , Lexus has a great website on the new vehicles for a virtual tour and explination that is pretty thorough.

Depends on what years you might be looking at.

BTW love your M5 ,only a dream if lexus gets off their ssa and makes a proper dynamic car ,after all it has ben 5 yeasr since the GS400 was toppled by the M5 hands down.

Funny enough , Lexus has a great website on the new vehicles for a virtual tour and explination that is pretty thorough.

Depends on what years you might be looking at.

BTW love your M5 ,only a dream if lexus gets off their ssa and makes a proper dynamic car ,after all it has ben 5 yeasr since the GS400 was toppled by the M5 hands down.

Thx.

Yeah, the M5 is a pretty serious car!

The current Lexus site has info about features and specs, but not a lot of techie stuff. For example, I know that my M5 uses oil jets in the bottom of the cylinders to cool the pistons, then circulates the oil thru a cooler before it goes back to the sump. Details like that aren't on the manufacturers' sites -- all they wanna do is sell you the car!