Difference In 97 And 01?

sunman

I know the engine is different but what else? Looks same to me. I noticed the dimming mirror and garage door opener buttons which I have retrofitted in my car already. Also, tails and front corner lights are different. Did the es300 ever get xenons? Did I cover everything?

The ES was refreshed a bit in 2000.

Besides the changes you've mentioned:

*Xenons and a leather/wood steering wheel became available as options

*The grille and front bumper changed

*The audio and climate controls received wooden faceplates

I believe side airbags were added in 1998. Vehicle Skid Control was added as an option around 2000, as well.

Ok, I am going to retrofit the xenons too now. I rather have the original ones than the plug and play ones. I understand there is a autolevelling feature. Has anyone retrofitted this? I have done it on my mercedes before.

You can do a search on www.lexus.com They have an archive section I beleive that explains in detail the 'enhancements' if you will over the years of a specific Lexus model. Just have to find the ES one.....but it is there! Quite a bit of changes over the 97 - 01 model years actually......mainly small stuff & a few big items. B)

:cheers:

i got my hands on a 01 grill and installed it on my 97 today. looks better. Also, got the black pearl emblems. Removing that old glue is not easy. Also got the front 01 bumper cover. Getting it painted and installed soon. I have one fog so i have to wait for the other fog from a 01. Need passanger side fog. I have new tires or I would have gotten the lexus 16" wheels too.