Interior Fuse Location On 98 Es300

m2pc

Anyone know offhand where the interior fuse box is located on a 1998 es300? Seems like either (I'm hoping anyways) that the fuse to the side mirrors, cigarette lighter and clock is blown. Hopefully its not a relay.

Thanks

Update :cheers:

Found that the Cig fuse in the interior dash was blown. 15 amps, no prob, engine compartment has a set of spare fuses (nice). Go to check, still dead :unsure: , check fuse again, blown again!

Wait a minute, lets check the outlets!Aarmrest outlet is clear, hey! My 1.5 year old was able to fit a dime in the cigarrette outlet and short me out :D removed the dime.....

Put a smaller 10amp fuse (only one spare 15 amp) to check and YAY! Now my clock, side view mirrors, and power outlets work...OK, now I have to buy a 15 amp and hope the 10 amp doesn't blow before I do. Thanks for the tip on getting to the fuse box 98oyster.

:cheers:

I guess you don;t have the owners manual ,mine tells me where all of the fuses in the car are, funny enough mercedes keeps a million folded 1 inch piece of paper in the corner of the dash which has to be popped out and it is the most ridiculas peice of crap to figure out locations and amperages

I had the Hayes manual at work when I sent the original e-mail out and since it was generic, wasn'nt sure if it was in the dash. I do have the Lexus manual at home, but that wasn't explicit that you had to pull the change holder out and I didn't want to break anything.

But the manual is worth its weight in gold, otherwise I would have been pulling out fuses all night :blink:

You guys do know that you can go to Lexus.com and download owner's manuals for your cars? There's also a link where you can request a new set, they'll send them to you for free. Just discovered this today.

You guys do know that you can go to Lexus.com and download owner's manuals for your cars? There's also a link where you can request a new set, they'll send them to you for free. Just discovered this today.

that advice is given out at least weekly. Don't forget to request the supplemental owners manual, that's free too.

steviej