A Guy Threw Something At My Car Today....

while driving thru hurst tx in dfw today to go see a client a guy was weaving thru traffic, got to me and almost ran me into the concrete barrier. after i gave him the "you're number 1" sign he threw something at my gs3 and put a nice quarter size ding in the rear passenger side door while doing 65mph. i got the plate number and filed a report with the local police.

i know he lives in arlington, tx because the police told me that much. i would like to locate him to "discuss" the damage. the plate number is Texas F69-66M or F69-GGM. i believe it is "66". it was a late model gold or silver trans-am.

if anyone here has the ability to trace this to a name, address, or phone number i would REALLY appreciate it.

i will see what it is going to take to get the ding fixed tomorrow.

i am unaware of the dmv license search. if they do it, i would like to know how.

i didn't throw anything back BUT i did tell the cops i "thought" i saw him also flash a gun. that really got their attention. he will be getting a call form an investigator next week. (you would think they would get on that sooner, who knows)

i plan to turn this guy into my personal hobby. if given the oppurtunity i WILL press any charges i can. i want to make sure he never forgets the moment he damaged my car. he will learn something from this. i hate people who think they can just do whatever they want and not be accountable for their actions. the journey is just beginning on this one.

it didn't sound like you actually called the DOT which I would highly recomend you do.

Most states do allow you to do a "license plate" search for a very small fee. $20 or less.

Even if all you get is a NAME, that will be a huge extra bit of info over the license plate. Post back what you find out.

Other than that, it sounds like you need a friend of a friend of a friend in law enforcement. ;)

Never give the "number one" sign or express any hostility towards another driver --- no matter what they have done or you "think" they have done.

Learning to control our emotions are part of being and becoming a "grown-up".

You certainly would not want to have your case heard by a judge in a court room as it would not be favorable for you.

the police report is moving forward. i will be picking him out of a photo line up at the hurst police station next week. i do plan to press crimminal mischief charges. and of course the irving police will follow up with him on the gun i thought i saw. we have a long way to go.

as an insurance person, i will send a letter with copies of the reports to his insurance company. he will be lucky to have coverage at that point.

there's no telling what else could come his way if he has an attitude about the whole thing. i plan to be very professional with him and just watch how he responds to this issue.

www.PublicData.com has the information you need, and the license plate is F69-GGM, it's a Firebird, and the guy is from Arlington. I tried to PM and email you, but the system won't allow me. See if you can PM me with your email address if you still need the info.

Good luck, keep up the pressure, but please, keep that #1 finger under control. With any luck, the guy will be charged with criminal mischief--a felony here in TX--and will have to spend several thousand dollars to defend himself. If found guilty, he'll probably have to visit his friendly neighborhood probation officer every month for a couple of years at $60 a visit. That'll teach the *BLEEP*.

JellyBean: PM function (in or out) won't work for you until your post count is above 20.

Mr. Frank: keep the law on your side should this guy be somewhat of a psycho and return your resentment with his. Also, if you are in insurance like you say, does you company not have auto as a branch? If is does, run the plate in your own company.

Pick him out of the lineup, get your copy of the entire police report, file your damage claim, get your car fixed, and let justice take its course. Take solice in that the police will bring forth appropriate charges, his insurance premiums will go up, your car gets fixed and he will get his in the end.

1990LS400: I couldn't agree with you more.

steviej

jellybean: my email is p1frank@charter.net, send me what you have.

the damage is a silver dollar sized dent on the rear passenger door just behind the door handle. it has a crease. it will be repaired this month.

i doubt this guy is a psyco. he was with his girlfriend trying to be "cool". his is a young guy, maybe 25 at the most.

hey had a similar incident in tennessee about 4 months back but i didn't do anything about it i was just going about 85 on the interstate when an :censored: up buick pulls out in front of me from the right lane and does 50 so my friend told him he was "number one" out the window so he decides to throw a beer can at my car and put two dents behiend the rear passenger side door. (i hate tennessee too many ignorant :censored::censored::censored: rednecks)

rednecks and white trash.....whatta ya gonna do.

my situation has turned into quite an interesting story. when i get the time i will spell it out. no action taken yet just a lot of info collected so far. the story includes an innocent car owner, his 18 yr old ex-girlfriend, his parents, her parents, a twin sister, a steroid freak who may be a small time drug dealer (the object thrower), a trip to the gm dealer to get another set of keys for the "firebird". it's like a friggin' soap opera. i'm still collecting info and haven't a clue what to do with it at this point. i may do nothing formally. i may just make the perpetrator my part time hobby while operating covertly. it's just a mess at this point. i will soon have ALL the info on the "object thrower". it is a long story at this point. not as cut and dry as i thought. interesting none the less.