Power Steering Is Going

Theodore

i just got in the car today and started hearing the squeal of the power steering. im going to the mechanic for that and front bushingss.

anyone know how much im looking at?

Depends on how you go about fixing it. (PS pump) I did mine in a couple of hours for ~$200. Search to see all of your options.

At what mileage does the p/s pump tend to go and what r some of the signs?

I'd say that leaking is the product of age and mileage. My '92 had ~70k on it when I noticed that it losing fluid. If it is leaking, fix it ASAP, or it can ruin the alternator as well.

If you want to do it yourself go to any NAPA and get the parts, cant beat their price. and my pump was whinning away, so i drained the fluid and put in some new ps fluid, it was actually pretty affective. and mine has about 110,000mi on it. i found my real prob was that i was running kinda low on fluid that was pretty bad. did u already try this?

i just got it back he said there was oil all over the dam thing so he cleaned it and waited to see were the oil was commin from, he said he didnt know exactlly if its a hose or the pump itself. gonna drive it around till next week see what happens,